Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

Welp, unless they patch things up I'm afraid no Overwatch for me for a long time then. Constant frame drops make it impossible to aim and the performance in general is all over the place, even on the very lowest settings. :(

50 minutes ago, Len said:

Add me pls, pc, Len #12728 on battlenet.

Will try and get on later.

Don't think that's the correct battlenet number. 

I had stuff to do before bed tonight and was too tired so didn't try this tonight - is performance an issue in comparison to the beta then or was it launch servers causing issues with responsiveness?

2 hours ago, VN1X said:

Welp, unless they patch things up I'm afraid no Overwatch for me for a long time then. Constant frame drops make it impossible to aim and the performance in general is all over the place, even on the very lowest settings. :(

Don't think that's the correct battlenet number. 

Weird, that is definitely it (Len#12728). I can't find or add any of the ones on the front page either. Maybe launch issues?

Hmm, ok, cant find any if you use the website to search for them but have sent out friend requests to them all via the battlenet app, fingers crossed.

The weekly this week is Arcade on the PS4 (may be the same for PC and Xbone) - 200% hp, 150% ultimate ability charge and 75% faster cooldowns on abilities.

Its a tad silly at the moment as people don't go healers very often due to the abilities/ultimate cd's, so everyone seems to go for kills, and ignores the objective. Lost loads of games due to me pushing the objective almost on my own, going into overtime, then I die and cant get back and we lose :lol:

Pharah is pretty good in Arcade as her ultimate does really good group/AoE damage, she can get to the objective fairly easy and quick, and her knock-back is great when you're on the ground and want to get airborne again without being chased/cornered, as well as knocking people off ledges/away from the objective.

7 hours ago, VN1X said:

Aww that sucks. Runs like shit for me, like a lot worse then the beta ever did. 

Upgrading my drivers to see if that will improve things. 

6 hours ago, VN1X said:

Reading these posts reminds me why I keep PC gaming at arms length, no matter how tempting the game is.

14 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Reading these posts reminds me why I keep PC gaming at arms length, no matter how tempting the game is.

To me, thats like refusing to watch TV because Simon Cowell is a turd.

After missing the open beta, I decided to buy this on impulse and had 6 games last night.

Really good fun. I played exclusively as Genji pretty much and managed a 12 kill streak. Even got this skin for my efforts:

Safari.jpg

Don't let that put you off, sounds like his system rather than the game, I'm having no issues.

Had very few problems with pc gaming in the last decade. The visuals and pricing more than makes up for the occasional driver update.

21 minutes ago, englishbob said:

I'm not sure I get your analogy, but if it works for you...

Well, as Mentazm said, PC gaming now is the best it has ever been- Steam hosts (most) of the games and can update them as soon as the patches are live. Drivers are a lot less hassle and can also be self updating, and so on.

It would be a shame to miss everything it has to offer because of a perceived stability worry, IMO.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

If anyone fancies a PC v Consoles debate, could they kindly take it to a different thread (preferably one located 10,000 miles under the sea).

To be fair, VN1X mentioned some issues. No one else seems to be having them.

This is the place to discuss that stuff whether you like it or not, just in case more people are having the same issue and find a fix.

Edit: Just read that back and it sounded a bit abrupt and made me look look like a wankstain. Didn't mean it to.