Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

Had a few proper games against humans and it was enormous fun. Still getting used to maps and chars but still managed to find a niche in each match. Turned the voice chat off though, never like voice in games. Definitely playing more of this, hugely enjoyable.

The only map I really had issues with was the Egyptian one, where there only seems to be one point of ingress, which is a terrifying choke point. I think my best kill streak with Generic Soldier Guy was 16 over the course of a match, but only because I kept getting away to heal myself and making a mess of a terrible Tracer who kept running straight forward toward me.

I too spent this evening with it and fell for it completely. It's just perfect size chunks of fun, each round is only a few minutes so when you wind up on the losing side it doesn't feel like much of a big deal. The maps have a lot of character as do the heroes, and I love the variety of them from what I've seen. 

Many favourite so far have been Mercy and Widowmaker. Some giant robot and I as Mercy held a corridor for ages in one game, and after that I was using her Shift key ability to fly around the room patching up and resurrecting people with gleeful abandon. It felt awesome and must've been annoying as hell to be on the other end of :)

Widowmaker is totally the opposite of course.  I was surprised at how powerful she was when not in sniper mode, her automatic rifle does a good job of chewing people up which is good as I'm terrible at FPSes so my aiming was crap!

So much more to do, the gap between beta close and release is looking longer and longer...

Well I'm bloody loving this.

Immediately accessible

Fantastic roster of characters

Looks and runs perfectly

Tried and tested game types

Pure FPS fun!

My fave character so far has to be Reinhardt, had a few " Play of the Game"s with him already.

Just wish you could upload Highlights

This is great fun, had a few games tonight trying out a few different characters, Reindhart if great, though I kept left shift to sprint and triggered his dash, do that with lots of characters!

Bug on Win10 Bootcamp, push to talk doesnt work once you leave the options screen, unbinds itself, which was a bit of a pain when playing with VN1X tonight! Sorry, wasnt being rude :P

Really? I'm surprised they chose such a bland character for the statue. That said I was almost sold on it when the early previews said it had a weathered brass like finish. Was it my eyes (I'm watching on a small screen) or was it matt black plastic? Art book looked lovely though.

Edit: Found the IGN unboxing video which is much clearer. It does have a nice oxidised brass finish. 

Very quick, depending on your hero. Tanks can obviously take longer to kill and supports healing/shielding people will cause it to take longer, but most of the heroes will die pretty quickly: the more damage-focused will often die in one hit from a lot of abilities (reinhardt's charge attack will kill a lot of heroes if he hits them, sniper headshots etc). Some heroes are also able to self heal so if you can't finish them off quickly they may be able to fall back to cover and heal up. 

It's a hard question to answer as there are so many variables, but generally I'd say that TTK is pretty fast. 

10 hours ago, U-1 said:

Looks and runs perfectly

This was the most shocking thing for me upon reflection.  Blizz don't have the best track record with game launches (see Diablo, every WoW Expansion ever, almost every time they release a new Hearthstone expansion...) so the fact that it was rock solid playable last night was amazing.  It'll be interesting to see how it holds up once the proper Open Beta launches.

1 hour ago, MattKB said:

I've got a spare PS4 key if anyone wants although it's open from tomorrow anyway but they can get a headstart on the DL. 

I wouldn't mind this if it's still going. I do want to check the game out, and while my download's not bad it's not superfast either.

I am absolute rubbish at this game. But I love it.

I'm sure I'll get back into that pace, I played way too much CS GO which is sooo slow and tactical and I haven't played TF2 in years. Right now, brain does not compute.

I tell you what it's refreshing to play a modern shooter where you have access to everything (non-cosmetic) from the get-go and when you're killed you can at least take comfort in the fact you were just outplayed and it wasn't some shut-in who spent the last four days without sleep grinding better gear/perks or a whale who emptied their wallet on the marketplace.

• tobert changed the title to Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch