Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode

I've got one skin so far, the Lucio Selecao one from last year I'm not actually bothered about. I also got a Pharah intro... only to find it was one of the standard ones, not the basketball one.

The penny also finally dropped that it's going to take me longer to actually save for anything now, because the lack of dupes means my gold reserves (which aren't theoretically too far from me affording that Soldier skin) are going up very, very slowly. In one sense the change to drops helps fill out the collection with the low-level stuff, but is also going to increase the reliance on luck when it comes to getting anything better.

On the plus side, I did get a kill streak of 41 on Total Mayhem with Zarya, which was nice. Can't remember the last time I felt like such a beast while playing a game (against other humans, at least).

I played 6 games of lucioball last night and lost 6 games of lucio ball last night <_<

So often it felt like two of our team would be hammering their goal, everything being saved, only for a member of the opposition team to hit a lofted ball from their goal into the top corner of ours which our goalie would find nearly impossible to save.

6 hours ago, JDubYes said:

The penny also finally dropped that it's going to take me longer to actually save for anything now, because the lack of dupes means my gold reserves (which aren't theoretically too far from me affording that Soldier skin) are going up very, very slowly. In one sense the change to drops helps fill out the collection with the low-level stuff, but is also going to increase the reliance on luck when it comes to getting anything better.

I'm sure I read that the amount of gold you accrue over time should be about the same before they improved the dupes. They've probably just swung it so you get a credit drop rather than a dupe.

Yep he's right, they increased the amount of credits when you do get dupes. The hardest saves in Lucioball are those long lobs from the opposite goalie that bounce right in front of you and go over your head. The goalie jump pads are way too fast and high to reliably make a save against that kind of shot, so it can be pretty annoying. On the other hand its a great feeling scoring that way :P

It's weird because I don't play Elimination much but for some reason this excites me more. A lot of times in Quick Play I just want to mess around. Free for all will probably be a mess but team deathmatch could be good. The new map is cool too.

In other news loads of big changes coming through on the PTR. The Junkrat buff is real and his rip tyre has had a speed increase and can ride up walls faster and without dropping now. Roadhog heals whilst moving at full speed and gets damage reduction whilst doing so. Orisa has a faster projectile speed and a much wider barrier, though I don't like this because I find Orisa boring to play and annoying to fight.

Widowmaker has also been buffed, I'm up for it because I've been playing a lot of her lately. She has an 8 second cooldown instead of 12 for her grapple hook, which means you'll be able to escape genji's and winstons more easily, or just resposition faster to catch teams out from unexpected angles. She also has a cool change to her venom mine - when tagged by it characters now show up red through walls during its effect, but only for Widowmaker, similar to the Sombra low-health target effect. This is going to be pretty interesting because you can use it to either increase your chances against flankers coming in from your blind side, or you could chuck it into choke points and see when tagged targets are about to pop out from cover to help with those head shots. The Widow changes may be OP though, I certainly run into some very good console Widows frequently and it's a nightmare to deal with a good Widow even now.

Junkrat's change I think is the coolest, he is going to be super scary with those two mines and able to jump in and out of fights. He should be a lot of fun to play with the extra mine at his disposal. Fear the Junkrat!

What Mei strat? I watched the whole match and it was just Mei being Mei. She will be annoying for sure to confirm kills on but as you can see the Meis still got beat. You'll just have to take the opportunity to gang bang them when you can and stay at long range. Bastion might seem strong but will probably struggle in 1 v 1. He can turtle up to control one room or whatever but meanwhile everyone else can just kill each other elsewhere. Soldier will probably be pretty good though, he's fast, has good burst damage and can self heal. Personally I want to try being Mercy or Lucio, challenge of the day will be to win as battle Mercy. Roadhog will be good now with the buff too, I bet picking Reaper will be quite good for demolishing teams full of them.

I think you will get destroyed using a pad on PC too. Mouse control is waaay faster and more accurate than pad, so you're going to be massively outclassed from the very start. Stick with PS4 imo, or wean yourself on mouse controls with heroes like Mercy and Winston.

43 minutes ago, Capp said:

You would struggle on a pad.  It's less forgiving in that regard than, for example, Titanfall was.  It's one of the reasons I got the Roccat lapboard.

That looks decent. However I'm really not used to using a keyboard. Are there any variants that have a controller for moving and a mouse for looking?