Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode

What I’m saying - and I’m sure this has been said many, many times before - is that it’s so odd that a game with the most inclusive character list ever (that I can think of) is so full of toxic players. I get the frustration of comp, I’ve certainly called out Moiras for not healing and so on but not at the point I’m saying cunt every 5 seconds (or indeed, at all).

I get what you mean, but I think it's just more the kind of players who play online FPS PVP games rather than OW itself. I had a slew of games like that yesterday, averaging 22k healing for Moira each game, but still everything is my fault. God forbid the DPS learn about natural cover or the rein stops charging through shields and out healing LOS.

Anyhoo, more changes ont he test realm, and for once I love each one of them.

Genji is getting a nerf and a buff - nerf to ult generation (less 15%) but increased primary fire rate. Dragon Blade alone can swing an entire game, so shifting his damage to weigh more on regular gameplay is good IMO.

Mei's Cry Freeze is doubling her health regen. Makes sense, igven she can't be healed by a healer when she's in it.

Pharah's hover regen has been increased. She needed it to compete against Echo.

Reaper's shotgun pellets have got a boost. He felt a little pillow fisted after his last change, but I didn't know that the pellet damage reduction had gone down from 7 per pellet to 5.5. Originally it was 6 on the test realm but they increased it for some reason. ANyway, they're buffing it back up to 6, which is good.

Sigma's shield cool down been reduced from 2.5 to 2 seconds, which is much better, It's basically unusable as it is now. It's like a paper thin Orisa shield.

And finally and best of all, Zarya's energy drain has been increased. Basically she'll lose energy much faster, so this is a big nerf to er damage output, which if fine. She's bascially in 100% of games at the moment, and Ic an't blame anyone, she's stupidly pwoerful.

Had an absolutely godawful run yesterday. First day of the new season, lost all but one of the placing matches, drew the other, then lost all but one of the ten first games.

I know most people say it, but I genuinley think it's the teams not me. I play almost exclusively Moira and always out heal any ana or mercy on the team, averaging 20k healing per game and often saving wipes from gravs by tracking Zarya ults and saving fades and my own ult. But I always seem to be placed with bronze experience dps or reins who insist on charging through shields. My ranking has never been lower. It's so frustrating.

See, this is why I stopped playing. It was only on console so the toxic coms weren't a problem but in between taking like 3 minutes to find a match and nobody playing the objective it was a dismal experience. The X/S upgrade almost got me to reinstall it but after reading thes posts I reckon not. So cheers for saving me the bandwidth :p

On 11/03/2021 at 13:11, mechamonkey said:

This looks absolutely fantastic on the Series X now thanks to the latest patch, so smooth and sharp.

What’re the queue times like on Xbox, generally? 

6 hours ago, Strafe said:

What’re the queue times like on Xbox, generally? 

pretty quick, not really had a wait of more than 30 seconds roughly but I only play quickmatch as Ive only recently started playing on XB so low level

On 12/03/2021 at 09:51, Mikes said:

Had an absolutely godawful run yesterday. First day of the new season, lost all but one of the placing matches, drew the other, then lost all but one of the ten first games.

I know most people say it, but I genuinley think it's the teams not me. I play almost exclusively Moira and always out heal any ana or mercy on the team, averaging 20k healing per game and often saving wipes from gravs by tracking Zarya ults and saving fades and my own ult. But I always seem to be placed with bronze experience dps or reins who insist on charging through shields. My ranking has never been lower. It's so frustrating.

I've gone away and watched on GM guides to playing Moira, especially the ML7 unranked to GM guide. While I was correct on my resource management and positioning, they all played a lot more aggresivly than I do. I tend to heal bot, and the vats majority of my orbs are healing orbs.. Whereas watching ML7, most of his are damage orbs and he relies mostly on his healing stream.

What was interesting was he came mostly gold and silver damage, in addition to being gold healing, even though his healing was much lower than my averages. I i'm rarely out healed in a match, but I was always under the impression it was a clsoe run thing if I was playing with an Ana, bap or mercy, but watching these videos I'm re-assessing and wondering if I'm ranks ahead.

Eitherway, what's becoming clear is you could give all the healing int he  world crappy DPS but if they're not killing themselves you're still going to lose. 

So, resolution - start playing more aggressively, stop relying on the healing orbs so much, and stop eating so many carbs. That last oe isn't anything to do with overwatch, I'm just throwing it in.

Well that made a huge difference! 5 out of 6 wins.  My healing has dropped considerably but my damage has gone up a an equal amount. And I have discovered the joy of damage orb plus ult for quickly melting squishies.

Some of these are...interesting.

note, it’s for an experimental card special tournament so no saying how many, if at all, will end up in the main game 

Holy changes Batman! OK, hot take time...

The Ana changes back to 14 ammo is interesting, considering everyone keeps saying she's already the best healer. The self use ult has been  a long time coming, surprised it took them this long considering it's been in death match.

The Bap changes to lamp are odd. I don't think it will make a huge difference. Great clean up chances for a Moira orb.

I like the Bastion change, and he probably needed it.

The Brigitte nerf is unnecessary, IMO. She's a hard to play healer and this just nerfs her usefulness for anyone but the top players.

The Echo nerf was necessary and is welcome.

The Gejni change is going to be devestating, and I expect it to be removed shortly after implementation.

The Hanzo change is good.

Anything that buffs Junk is good in my book.

The Lucio change sounds interesting, but I'd like to know what 'long and short' ranges are.

Anything that buffs Mei can get in the sea.

The Rein hardt change is unnecessary and changes nothing.

The Soldier change sounds fun.

The Sombra nerf is logical. .65 seconds was too short to interrupt by anything by accident.

The Torbjorn change sounds awesome and I can't wait to try it.

The Pharah change sounds very characterful, and is probably a good thing.

The Hammond change sounds interesting. The Size change especially. Given his ability to change the game on his own with no support this is probably required. I didn't know his adpative sheild didn't charge ults.

I like the Zarya change and incraeses her usefulness.

Still no new maps though :( 

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone here managed to get Doom's 'six people in his ult' achievement? 

I'm trying to squeeze out every e character achievement and this one is killing me.

The best way to get it is a team Grav, I don't think I ever got it because getting all 6 in a Grav is so hard, my best is 5 from what I recall. Really it only works against a Rein/Zarya comp where the team can be clustered together and Gravved, or getting really lucky in overtime when everyone's on the point. I suppose you could work with an Orisa to try and pull people together but yeah, it's probably one of the hardest achievements in the game. One of those ones you can probably pull off with complete noobs but as soon as you start levelling up in matchmaking you can wave it goodbye. Good luck! 

Yeah< i reckon that's going to be te hardest to get for that reason. Way too much teamwork on your team's part and an obliging opposing team who are all alive at the time. Stlil, I'll stick at it. Nearly got them all now.

Also, new changes on the test realm.  Video below, but the short version:

- Bap healing - splash healing decreased but on target healing increased

- Bap - immortality field holds health at 10% not 20%

- DVA - call Mech damage increased from 50 to 250 (this has killed me before)

- Echo - after her ult finishes she'll return to what health she had before the ult or 100, whichever is higher (previously it was at full health)

- Moira healing orb cooldown reduced from 10 to 8 seconds (yay!)

- Orisa Halt cooldown reduced to 6 from 8 seconds

- Rein armour reduced from 250 to 200, overall health reduced from 550 to 500 

- Hog gun pellet damage increased to 6.6 from 6 points per projectile

- Sombra - fade time to stealth decreased from .75 to .45 seconds and speed increase in stealth from 50 to 60%

Pretty happy with them all. I think the Rein one will be hard to swallow, but if a team goes full pocket rein he's currently all but impossible to stop and almost vertain death to go near.  I like the Bap and the Moira changes. Will icrease healing a lot. And helping Sombra find more use is always welcome.

Yeah, questions why.... I can't see it being something overarching than OW2-centric, but Jeff has been Mr Blizzard for so long.

In other news, we're apparently getting OW2 news next month as well as word next week on some more new stuff for OW1.

Speculating here, OW2 might have all pieces (maps, design, philosophy etc) in place and what's left is fine tuning and balancing. Not sure if a person like Jeff is necessary for that role. Or you know, Jeff might be sick and tired of having to deal with Overwatch day in day out over and over.

Could be. Or could be he was approaching OW2 with the same lack of haste they approached with Project Titan and Activision had had enough. 

It's so opaque we won't know unless someone spills the beans. Anythin is possible right now. I'm just glad we got confimration we have new news coming for OW1 and 2.

Also, entirely beside the point, had a great run on comp ysterday and jumped up 300SR.

That was canned as is and ended up being Overwatch.

New patch brought over from the experimental mode. Not everything amde it.  What did:

-  The bap canges

- DVA call mech

- the Echo lt change

- The Moira orb (yay!)

- Orisa halt change

- Rein's armour nerf

- Hog's damage buff

- Sombra's movement speed increased in stealth, but NOT the seatlth shift increase.

My PS4 comp performance is, on paper, terrible. I’ve hit gold on all 3 classes but never stayed there for long. Now I’m mostly hovering around 1750-1800.

I was platinum on switch most of the time.

You could say the skill barrier on switch is lower and it’s full of bad players but the PS4 has plenty - I should know, they usually end up on my team.

I know gold medals aren’t the be all and end all but I’ve lost count of games where we’ve lost and I’ve had 3 or 4 at the end.

It’s frustrating. The amount of smurf players seems to be pretty high too.

I know it's been brought up before, but damn the SR system in OW is messed up.  

At the placement matches at the start of the season I won all five games as support adn came out just in silver. I completed my last placement game as DPS last night (queuing as dps/support through the season and only getting five damage games throughout), won two, drew one, and game out solid gold at 2,200 sr.

How. The. Fuck. Does. That. Work.

On 05/05/2021 at 00:44, Mikes said:

I know it's been brought up before, but damn the SR system in OW is messed up.  

At the placement matches at the start of the season I won all five games as support adn came out just in silver. I completed my last placement game as DPS last night (queuing as dps/support through the season and only getting five damage games throughout), won two, drew one, and game out solid gold at 2,200 sr.

How. The. Fuck. Does. That. Work.

What were your ratings last season?  I always felt like basically I was starting at my rating from the last season and the wins and losses just added or took away from that.  No proof just.. a feeling :lol: