Jump to content
IGNORED

Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode


tobert
 Share

Recommended Posts

Added people for Xbox and PC as I happened to have double dipped. tutsie bear on Xbox and Tutsie#2385 on PC. Have been mainly playing as Mercy :wub: and had play of the match a couple of times. Really good fun. Just tried Pharah in an AI match so might give her a go for a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had great fun with this last night, had a full team of 6 which was great...looking like tonight we're actually gonna have too many people!

 

Only really messed with a few characters but my go-to's at the moment are Tracer/Mei. 

 

If any Xbox peeps haven't already got me, feel free to add ReynoldsM. I imagine I'll be on this quite a bit !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is so. Fucking. Good.

 

Haven't been this addicted to a game in years. Having loads of fun switching between Soldier 76, Lucio and Reinhardt depending on the situation - barely had a chance to try the others!

 

Got my second play of the game too! Managed to look a lot more competent in this one too :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:lol:

That's better than Jdub's the other night with him just hammering the turret.

 

Then I got a Potg getting something like 25 kills (and the 20 kills without dying trophy) using the dwarf. If you want that trophy, he's the man to do it with :D

 

Reaper is actually more fun to play as than I initially thought. I assumed he'd be boring with no dodge/run ability, but he can be really annoying, as you get health back every kill if you collect the orbs, and you have that invulnerability ability and a teleport, so a really good player could potentially never die.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, aaronlivo said:

Has anyone setup a server for this yet?

 

If one is needed, I have a TS3 and a Discord server that a chunk of the Rllmuk MMO crew use when we're playing terrible MMOs for less than 30 days a pop. I don't mind setting one of them up for Overwatch PC players if we needed a voicechat server with some permanence. My Discord one would probably be the easiest to sort out.

 

If there's any interest, let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sie said:

 

If one is needed, I have a TS3 and a Discord server that a chunk of the Rllmuk MMO crew use when we're playing terrible MMOs for less than 30 days a pop. I don't mind setting one of them up for Overwatch PC players if we needed a voicechat server with some permanence. My Discord one would probably be the easiest to sort out.

 

If there's any interest, let me know.

 

 That would be awesome. I am very new to PC gaming, so used to the console way partying and voice chat, discord to me seems to be the closest and easiest way to organise groups, unless I am missing a trick somewhere? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When is it ok to leave a game. I'm for reason on a 75% exp penalty and I wasn't quitting before the game ended. Do you have to wait for the character select screen of the next match? What if it is the offence/defence swap of the same map? I think I got dropped for afk once of twice which might have been the trigger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, pledge said:

When is it ok to leave a game. I'm for reason on a 75% exp penalty and I wasn't quitting before the game ended. Do you have to wait for the character select screen of the next match? What if it is the offence/defence swap of the same map? I think I got dropped for afk once of twice which might have been the trigger.

 

I would assume when it says next game on the score/vote screen. After that you've already been matchmade, I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Is there any way to quit and take your group with you on PS4?

Apparently the option exists on PC, but not if you're using a controller. So I guess it's an odd UI oversight more than anything, like the Yes/No thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah.  I often think that the tide of battle can turn with just one player taking the initiative.  A bit of coordination goes a long way certainly, but I think one of the games great strengths is that solo work is also effective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jolly said:

Nah.  I often think that the tide of battle can turn with just one player taking the initiative.  A bit of coordination goes a long way certainly, but I think one of the games great strengths is that solo work is also effective.

 

I have had many losing games were the other team is at 99% of the objective only for us to pull it back and win just because of that one smart play. Thats one of the things I love most about this game, it's not over, until it's over!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, aaronlivo said:

 

 That would be awesome. I am very new to PC gaming, so used to the console way partying and voice chat, discord to me seems to be the closest and easiest way to organise groups, unless I am missing a trick somewhere? 

 

I've gone ahead and set up a couple of Overwatch voice channels on Discord for us on PC.

 

It'll run in a browser but for anyone unaware, there's also a Discord desktop app (recommended) and a phone app (handy for organising sessions maybe?).

Here's the link to join the server: https://discord.gg/0uSQlGj8UrZn1Qze ( @VN1X that link won't expire so feel free to pop it in the OP for the PC crew). if it proves to be of use, I'll make adjustments to the server setup if needed.

 

--------------------------------------

 

Just played my first couple of matches online and had a great time. Some airborne rocket battles as Pharah and some sniping as Widowmaker to test the water proved immensely good fun. Not sure what algorithms Blizzard are using to determine Play of the Game but my quick scope 180  double kill with one bullet as Widowmaker lost out to some Dwarf guy hammering on a turret for a bit.... I was bloody robbed!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.