IGNORED

Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode

tobert

5 hours ago, Sie said:

Props to @aaronlivo and @sbrandon111 for some great games on PC this afternoon. Really, really enjoyed them.

Taking a break now to get some food but I'm still hanging around on Discord for anyone else on PC who wants to join us for voice comms group matches in a short while. Don't be shy now!

Link to join - https://discord.gg/0uSQlGj8UrZn1Qze

Thanks for the games, voice comms really makes the difference, we even won some games! 

Sorry for disappearing suddenly, had to jump on a conference call for work.  It wasn't quite as much fun as our games tonight, although someone did pop their ultimate just as I asked "any other business?", which was impressive.

13 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Imagine needing hacks for a game like Overwatch which already has cheats baked in. What an absolute scrub you must be then. :lol:

Not sure what you mean by "cheats baked in".

Unless you mean things like character Ultimate abilities, but those are hardly "cheats".

1 hour ago, RabMyself said:

Im usually a late player, 11pm onwards, feel free to give me a shout if you see me online, even if in a game already. RabMyself#2885 if you haven't added me already

Aah, cool  thanks Rab, will say hello if you're about. Think may have added already but if not and anyone else, Len#12728. 

Do we think they'll ever open up friends lists globally?

1 hour ago, Mr Ben said:

Not sure what you mean by "cheats baked in".

Unless you mean things like character Ultimate abilities, but those are hardly "cheats".

You can call it what you want but at the end of the day those 'abilities' are no different from actual cheats. I'm not saying that this is somehow bad gamedesign but considering Overwatch is already extremely 'noob' friendly from the outset I find it incredibly sad and ridiculous that people pay actual money to get even more cheats lol.

How many of us are still desperately waiting for our first play of the game then?  [emoji20]

I've had two by playing as bastion and torbjorn but I don't think they count :P

I would love to get one as one of my favourite characters.

I did get a Tracer one in the beta, it was pretty unspectacular though and just involved a pulse bomb on the payload thrown blind from a doorway and then finishing off a Reaper.

Got a PoTG last night on Tracer that I'm quietly (and telling everyone about :P) proud of - blinked through their advancing shielded group, sticking a mine on tank as I went through killing 4 of them.

I think Mei is my favourite character atm. She's fairly unique in style and you can really support your team and mess with the enemies rhythm. (Of course every now and again you ice wall and block one of your team's ultimate but that only happens rarely :P)

I've had two as Reinhardt - One looks slightly more skillful than the other

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Jimmy%20Shedders/video/18111002

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Jimmy%20Shedders/video/18112122

This didn't get PotG (I guess because I didn't get the final blows?) but I still felt pretty damn good about it!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Jimmy%20Shedders/video/18112163

You can call it what you want but at the end of the day those 'abilities' are no different from actual cheats. I'm not saying that this is somehow bad gamedesign but considering Overwatch is already extremely 'noob' friendly from the outset I find it incredibly sad and ridiculous that people pay actual money to get even more cheats lol.

Wt actual f are you on about?

I had my second potm last night, again as torb. It just highlighted my terrible aim and ask my discord buds laughed at me.

I feel like I'm getting better at this, slowly but surely.

I was able to snipe a McCree as Widowmaker just as he was doing his ultimate - that felt pretty good! 

I've also discovered a new favourite thing to do as Junkrat - lay down the bear trap with a mine attached to it. Works (nearly) every time.

26 minutes ago, Hellcock said:

I'm hoping they tweak these PotG because i've seen some absolutely whack ones when clearly there have been better. I wonder what the algo is to figure it out.

Did your character shout waga tashi waka naaaaaa!!!! = 1. Give them POTG

Did your character blow up their own mech = 1. Give them play of the game

Did your character die as Turdborg  then presses triangle on red pawn unleashing a turret of death = 1. Give them play of the game 

did id you have at least 3 bastions on your team constantly in turret mode? = 1. Play of the game

Did your character do anything half useful such as healing or sacrificing themselves = 1. No play of the game. 

image.jpeg

7 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Did your character shout waga tashi waka naaaaaa!!!! = 1. Give them POTG

Did your character blow up their own mech = 1. Give them play of the game

Did your character die as Turdborg  then presses triangle on red pawn unleashing a turret of death = 1. Give them play of the game 

did id you have at least 3 bastions on your team constantly in turret mode? = 1. Play of the game

Did your character do anything half useful such as healing or sacrificing themselves = 1. No play of the game. 

Junkrat's RIP-tire is arguably the most common of all and one that I'm ashamed to get PotG with.

And any PotG I've had with Solider 76 consists of me closing my eyes and pressing Triangle and R2.

I have no problems with either honestly, but I am sure that is down to character choice.

From the perspective of Zarya:

D.Va offers little resistance. I pop my bubble that increases the power of my weapon when shot and disintegrate her mech afterwards whilst she still shoots at me, trying to kill me. I am sure 400 hp helps a lot.

McCree offers the same amount of resistance, but can stun. If I mistime my bubble I am done for. Again, 400 hp helps.

My biggest annoyances are Tracer and Reaper. The prior because of her agility, the latter because his fire rate is too slow for my bubble to be very useful. I can absorb just 2 shots before it runs out and then I am done for.

Aww yiss. Motherfuckin' highlight saves. 

Overwatch: Blizzard working on a way to allow players to save and export highlights

Highlights are fun to look at after a night of playing Overwatch, but they vanish as soon as you close the game.

Overwatch automatically saves short clips, called highlights, at the end of each game. You can only have up to five of these, and you can’t share them outside the game unless you use third-party software.

This isn’t too much of an issue on consoles, thanks to their built-in streaming and sharing tech – or really for a lot of PC players who rely on tools like Nvidia’s ShadowPlay or the Xbox App’s recording function on Windows 10. It is, however, less convenient than it could be.

Ideally, you’d be able to save these clips for later. Better yet, you should be able to share or export them them right from the game. They’re mostly a few seconds long and will work well on Facebook or Twitter. Blizzard agrees, and it’s working on making this happen.

“Our hope (and what we’re working toward) is to allow players to save highlights or export them to a video format someday,” game director Jeff Kaplan said onOverwatch’s official forums.

Though far from a firm plan, we at least know this is something in the works. Until then, you can rely on the various capture programmes available to export them.