rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
milko

The Signal From Tölva

It's the new one from Big Robot, who made Sir/madam, You Are Being Hunted.

The Signal From Tölva is a single-player first-person exploration and combat game from UK developer Big Robot. Available for Windows and OSX in early 2017. 

A bit more sci-fi, a lot less Toodle Pip We're English this time. Not on procedural territory this time but some of the other things like observing the AI and getting involved if you want or simply legging it sound familiar. I like the look of the giant wrecks in an alien landscape, I wonder how well they'll address the criticisms of the last game.

• Upvote 1

Out today!

I ended up with an early build for the past couple of weeks or so. Didn't really have time to play more than a couple of hours so far, but I enjoyed it. Nice vibe to the soundtrack and scenery, some weird anomalies to investigate and bases to infiltrate and take over. The world's AI factions get on with itself happily skirmishing and patrolling away and you get to wander about observing and then deciding how and when to go in and mess 'em up, which happily recalls Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl (as some of the reviews have pointed out). It's much simpler than that, no RPG-style things to complicate things, it's just explore and fight really (with some missions to pick up and advance the story). I hadn't totally got the hang of the gunplay but there's the usual variety of weapons and they make satisfying pew-pew noises, and you end up being able to boss AI around a bit as well.

Definitely worth a look if the aesthetic grabs your attention. Lovely work for a small team indie.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/457760/

• Upvote 1

Yeah got this on my radar through Etalyx. Not too sure about the environment itself as it seems a bit too samey but definitely one to keep an eye out for. On the wishlist it goes!