IGNORED

No Man's Sky - Overhype drive engaged!

Nespresso

:lol: These two responses were exactly what I was expecting. Boozy once again resorting to name calling in a videogame thread is not very surprising either. Well done gents!

Seriously though, god forbid we poke a little fun at the cool new thing everyone's raving on about. You probably didn't even watch the video...

5 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

You can't see the flaws in this game unless you're unbalanced folks, it's official.

Any idea how much that makes you come across as a total wanker ?

Any idea how that comes across as you not being able to comprehend what you read?

There are plenty of flaws in the game, and pointing them out doesn't make you unbalanced. There's plenty of people pointing out flaws in the proper thread. Setting a completely new thread up for the purpose of saying it's shit, or bitching in the Xbox thread or A&F about 'all the NMS threads,' or diving into the NMS thread to proclaim those in it basically a bunch of zealots - that's unbalanced. As Graham pointed out in the XO thread, we all know what the problem is.

8 minutes ago, VN1X said:

:lol: These two responses were exactly what I was expecting. Boozy once again resorting to name calling in a videogame thread is not very surprising either. Well done gents!

Seriously though, god forbid we poke a little fun at the cool new thing everyone's raving on about. You probably didn't even watch the video...

If you think it's worth sharing, post it in the thread that's about the game already, you fucking numpty. 

21 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Gee, I dunno... the concept of 'threads' maybe?

You do realize there have been about 5 other threads now? Calm down mate. It's just a bit of fun* at the expensive of a videogame.

Anyway sorry if the thread or video hurt anyone's feelings but there's some comedy gold editing in that vid. 

*apparently not though because the forum police, which isn't actually the forum police, is in full force it seems, christ. It's funny because people have been giving sir shrew flak for mentioning that there have been quite a few NMS threads popping up and is told to just ignore it, yet somehow this thread needs to be nuked from orbit. 

But enough of this bs. Enjoy everyone!

Ah, fuck it then. Time to start another NMS thread to post that 'Release Gameplay 2016' video for the fourth time. Better wait until after I've made the thread that's only for 100% fulsome praise though, and the one solely speculating on when an Xbox port will get released.

6 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Ah, fuck it then. Time to start another NMS thread to post that 'Release Gameplay 2016' video for the fourth time. Better wait until after I've made the thread that's only for 100% fulsome praise though, and the one solely speculating on when an Xbox port will get released.

Do it! We need the entire first page full of NMS threads. Now is as close as we'll ever be to such a feat. 

the technology is just not there at all yet. That goes for all games.  They keep hitting a brick wall. 

It doesn't stop No Mans Sky from being AMAZEBALLS though.  It does what they set out to do. 

...if people wanted it to be better , then they should have invested in a Hello Games more!

Well, for me personally, I think NMS is a bad game. Its a lovely technical demonstration of a concept. And its clear that's what it started as before they tried to turn it into a game but it commits the cardinal sin of being boring as a finished product. Having the might of Sony's marketing behind it glorifying its procedural generation and equating it to endless possibilities in their campaign's subtext hasn't done it any favours in my eyes.

Each to their own though, I don't begrudge anyone having fun with it. More power to them.

I absolutely hated everything about Elite Dangerous.  I didn't feel compelled to play it at all. 

No Mans Sky redresses the balance for me at least. Ok, it's more simple to control and the trading probably isn't anywhere near as advanced,. But as a product it works very well and it's not a boring to play at all.. ( I've only had it a week ;) )

I had decided it would not be my thing before it was released,  and even more so after the first PS4 impressions on here but there were a fair few inspirational posts and I succumbed to the enthusiasm of those that clearly 'got it' and so went ahead and bought the PC version carrying a fair few reservations.  

It really, really shouldn't be my thing as I don't like open world games, don't like resource management games, don't like grinding,  and am not the biggest follower of the sci-fi imagery it set out to replicate,  but I still can't stop playing the damn thing. It has that certain something that it may be hard to convey without asking the skeptic to invest a few hours into playing it. 

So maybe it is my thing after all. 

My biggest gripe is that is very much an indie game,  in look and feel (and glitches and bugs)  but with a triple A price. The cost will nag at me for some time but I'll certainly get my value out of it..

28 minutes ago, Sie said:

I'm interested to see what the conversation surrounding the game is line in a month or two's time.

I have no doubt that I will be bored of it by then but, as I say, I'll have gotten plenty of value and plenty of enjoyment out of it before then..

1 hour ago, Gorf King said:

As tehStu pointed out.  the community will support however many threads it thinks it needs.  We'll be left with the starter planet pics, ship pics and the main thread.  Everything else will eventually drift away.  Unless the rllmuk community sees the need for the other threads.   relaaaaaax.