rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nespresso

Battle of the Shooters 2016

Which Murder Simulator(s) Are You Buying?   

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CoD and TiFa2 on day 1. I'm still undecided on BF1 as Battlefront left a sour taste in my mouth and as some of you know I wasn't a big fan of BF4 either. Hopefully the open beta will leave me with a more positive impression though (and blow another hole in my wallet). But regardless of how final game might turn out I'll probably still get it before the end of the year as I'm weak and like shooting people in the face.

Already got BF1, Gears4 and TF2 digitally preordered paid over £100 for three jpegs basically. Currently TF2 is the one I'm most concerned by. COD will have to go some to be picked up I stopped after ghosts and AW left a bad taste.

or alternatively:

I already have Halo5 and that's all anybody needs for a competitive online fps fix.

I had all 4 preordered, all cancelled now and obv Destiny is pre-ordered. TF2 was nailed on but not sure I like what I am seeing, adding SP seems a stupid idea IMO. I really want MW4 remake but not the COD part so that was an easy £70 saved as will pick that up later and BF1 will either be nailed on after beta or not bothering.

I will be trying the betas for them and deciding after release now like any sensible person would ;)

Destiny for lyfe y0!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Destiny.

So very true.  I play Destiny these days just like a Multiplayer Shooters on Clash / Control only.

So good.   I'm certain the DLC is going to be ace.

Other than that?  If Battlefield 1 is good, that's being bought.

I can't imagine Gears being delayed,  surely it's too important? Titanfall, however - since EA already has Battlefield and is therefore competing with itself... 

Anyway, the correct answer is "I already have DOOM" as said above :) That game plays so nice, I'd rather buy it twice than go back to the old combat of these shooters which seem so... slow and boring by comparison. Like, poor grandpa can't keep up shooters.

• Upvote 1

The new CoD looked great at E3. I very rarely bother with them but the space combat looked like a lot of fun and to be honest, I feel like something fast, loud and silly to play this Christmas.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I can't imagine Gears being delayed,  surely it's too important? Titanfall, however - since EA already has Battlefield and is therefore competing with itself... 

Anyway, the correct answer is "I already have DOOM" as said above :) That game plays so nice, I'd rather buy it twice than go back to the old combat of these shooters which seem so... slow and boring by comparison. Like, poor grandpa can't keep up shooters.

I swear to god Gerbik, if you don't buy the new Shadow Warrior when it's out I will link this post on facebook so all 3 of my friends can see how spineless you truly are! 

• Upvote 2

I actually voted Overwatch, not necessarily because I think it'll win the shooter war, more because the others are all flawed as well. 

BF1 - The gameplay I've seen so far looks phenomenal BUT the concerns other people have i.e depth/customisation etc, I don't think it'll hold on to its playerbase in the way BF4 has done. 

TF2 - I'm hoping the technical test tomorrow will turn round my opinion on this but at the moment I think it's been taken too much in the wrong direction. Adding an SP was a mistake, removing bots from most modes appears to also be a mistake, I'm hoping it still flows like the first one did and that even if you're not taking down pilots left, right and centre you still feel like you're in the thick of it but I'm yet to be convinced. 

CoD -  Fucking LOL. Nuff said. 

Gears 4 - I don't think Gears MP has ever been top notch to me, it's enjoyable with friends but it's never stood as a marvel and endless fun the way others have been. I'll play it and enjoy it but the wall bouncing twitch shotgun knob jockeys that will inevitably turn as they did in the beta will stop it from becoming something truly amazing to me. 

Bearing in mind that's primarily from MP, SP wise, BF1/TF2 are a resounding no to me, CoD is beyond a resounding no, Gears will be decent in co-op. 

Edit: Negged for expressing an opinion, good job Rllmuk. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, VN1X said:

I swear to god Gerbik, if you don't buy the new Shadow Warrior when it's out I will link this post on facebook so all 3 of my friends can see how spineless you truly are! 

I guess I'm safe then because I really liked the previous game and from what I've seen of the new Shadow Warrior it will be a must-buy for me :lol:

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Question is: will I have anyone from the forum to play CoD/TiFa2 with, on PC? :(

I'll be playing Titanfall if it's even half as good as the original. 

I hope there's no smart pistol, or that it's been downgraded in either range or speed of lock. I really didn't like the smart pistol..

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Question is: will I have anyone from the forum to play CoD/TiFa2 with, on PC? :(

:hat:

I'll be buying every single fuckin one of em, and Shadow Warrior 2 as well. (well in between buying PC upgrades and xmas presents, I'm gonna be broke :lol: )

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to think that Shadow Warrior 2 should have been on the poll and that this thread is therefore an outrage!

Fix this @VN1X or I will link this poll on *my* Facebook with even less friends than you have!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I'm starting to think that Shadow Warrior 2 should have been on the poll and that this thread is therefore an outrage!

Fix this @VN1X or I will link this poll on *my* Facebook with even less friends than you have!

I wanted to include it, honest! But alas there is still no specific release date available for that GOTY. I'm starting to think it won't actually make 2016. :(

• Upvote 1

I'll be buying COD but only for MW2. Hopefully when they show the IW MP it looks okay but to be honest with BF1 and Titanfall 2 I really don't need it to be.

Is Destiny any good as an arena shooter these days? I remember it having lag issues a while back and gave up.

Not interested in BF1

Might get Titanfall 2

COD can do one

Definitely getting Gears 4

None of them will be as good as Halo 5.

EDIT - I suppose I'll play BF1 and Titanfall 2 through EA Access.

Modern Warfare Remastered for me, it's a proven quality with a sheen of next-gen-ness on top. Even if IW turns out to be disappointing (and I think it'll be great if it has the heavy customisation of Ghosts) knowing MWR is in the package is enough to keep me playing for months.

TF 2 will play the open weekend and see what I think

Will never buy a Battlefield title again on day one after being burned by crap launches of the last 3 games in the franchise

Gears & Halo are done for me.

Still very happy playing Doom and Uncharted 4 for my MP fix at the moment though

None of those. Busy with Street Fighter at the moment, and Capcom are so bad at sticking to DLC schedules that I'll still be waiting on forthcoming content before I think about new games.

Although I know I'm going to get talked into picking up the new Destiny content. :blush:

I Paid £65 for mine with 12 months PS+ thanks to a very code of £50 off a £100 order.

It's been on sale for way cheaper than £80 as well, I think Angel got a copy from Argos for £40. Amazon want £69.00

No one is selling it for £80

• Downvote 1