IGNORED

What is spinning on your turntable?

Oh Danny Boy

4 hours ago, Broken Richie said:

I got the Caustic Window bootleg even though it's just pressed from a rip of the cd as well, hope they release SAW II properly.

I had the original brown vinyl SAWII back in the day. It was a lousy pressing that I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I've just looked at how much it goes for now, crazy. Having said that, it probably didn't deserve the fate that 3/4 of my record collection suffered in the early 00's - literally thrown into a skip :mellow:.

2 hours ago, Clipper said:

Oh god oh god I may just have to lie down. I have collected few 45s so far but those are going on my wantlist now.

I can't be fucked with 7" singles anymore. 12" are OK just, but its just too much hassle every 3 and a half minutes.

Stott's LP's are bloody fantastic. That one was intent on breaking my speakers.

Tonight while everyone is in the other room watching Bake off. its Marvin. The voice. The most bitter relationship record ever. I am now 1 year older than Marvin was when he was shot dead. Makes you think.

IMG_20160831_195300.jpg

Quite hard to take a pic of a bunch of 7s.  Here's some of mine.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Been spinning this tonight.  One of my most favourite albums.

image.jpg

And this.  Which I still can't quite decide whether I like or not, 14 years after it came out.

image.jpg

Ace.  My favourite film.  Doesn't that version (while being better than the soundtrack rip with all the dialogue, once they finally managed to wrestle the single copy of the master tapes off the guy who held them hostage for years) *breathes* have some weird versions of songs on there?  eg, a Lesley Mackie version of Willow's Song?

Apologies for clumsy sentence, wine is to blame.

7 minutes ago, Camel said:

Ace.  My favourite film.  Doesn't that version (while being better than the soundtrack rip with all the dialogue, once they finally managed to wrestle the single copy of the master tapes off the guy who held them hostage for years) *breathes* have some weird versions of songs on there?  eg, a Lesley Mackie of Willow's Song?

Apologies for clumsy sentence, wine is to blame.

I am unsure.. it is the most complete version having not been ripped from soundtrack and having more songs.

You might be right I think but then , like the film, the definitive version probably doesn't exist yet :)

I know I was bewildered trying to track the "right" version to buy. These aren't all weird versions adn Christopher lee does appear on them.

That version of the soundtrack is the only one taken from the master tapes, but Willow's Song is sung by the actress who plays Daisy.  Also, any version of The Landlord's Daughter sounds weird that isn't the cast version shot for the film.

I'm going to have to get that now. Bet they go for a million pounds these days.

the one I have is this

https://www.discogs.com/Paul-Giovanni-The-Wicker-Man/release/4535029

landlords daughter isnt as raucous so not cast.. Christopher lee is on others so some are cast. its odd as some are obviously from masters and others arent.

EDIT - now you have sent me downt eh rabbit hole and I'm wondering if I should get the original which averages 40-50 quid :)

yeah Mine was an original  1979 german release. Cost about 15 quid I think and had to be shipped over.

https://www.discogs.com/Goblin-Zombie-Original-Film-Soundtrack/release/808447

The soundtrack was only released in Italy japan US Germany Korea when film was released.

That is a lovely gatefold reissue though and has an extra track to mine, last track sides 2 Zombi(Sexy) is not on the original release. In fact you have only LP with that track I think.

Sorry I am a dawn of the dead nerd :D

Found this today in a local shop near where my parents live, £5. This is substantially less fucked than my copy from 1981 (jesus it was that long ago!). Not their best album, but their best recorded album. Demo quality. Ignore the recent Back to Black vinyl reissue, it won't sound anywhere near as good as this.

IMG_20160903_211147.jpg

MC Duke - Organised Rhyme

Late 80s UK hip hop, not as bad as the terrible cover may suggest.

It's got that authentic old school feel to it, lots of classic and recognisable samples on it which means it isn't the most original album but fun nonetheless.

mcduke.jpg