rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Mighty Ash

Games with Gold - September

Will be nice to have mirrors edge on the console (and hopefully get everyone else seeing how great the original is). FH will be nice to try but with FH2 out and 3 nearly out I wonder if it's worth the time?

Xbox one stuff I have no clue about. I'd be happy with just 360 games every month as there's such a wide choice of great games.

4 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Did I hear that the 360 version of Horizon was actually different to the XBO version? (Not just graphics I mean, the actual structure of the game or something)

To answer this FH2 which came out on both was different. Where as the Xbox one version had a fully open world the Xbox 360 version had large parts of the countryside cut off in the overworld.

28 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

To answer this FH2 which came out on both was different. Where as the Xbox one version had a fully open world the Xbox 360 version had large parts of the countryside cut off in the overworld.

That's the one I was thinking of, thanks 

Earthlock is a new, unreleased game.. it's developed in Norway but very much in the JRPG mould.. reminds me a lot of Grandia..

• Upvote 2

Forza Horizon is a stunning game and still holds up against its next gen sequel. FH3 with the structure of the first would be the GOAT.

• Upvote 1

Didn't mind ACC: China, pkayed through to completion on release, waiting for the other two to get cheap though, lol.

Generally, September is looking liek being a top month for freebies on Gold :)

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2016 at 05:36, SMD said:

Forza Horizon is a stunning game and still holds up against its next gen sequel. FH3 with the structure of the first would be the GOAT.

I loved the first game. It felt so focused and the boss battles, as cheesy as they were really made it. It's my joint favourite racer of all time. 

42 minutes ago, Azrael said:

How come when I try to download the 360 game  (BG&E) on the Xbox One it asks me to add a payment method even though it's free. <_< 

something with the 360 games and XO games being distributed on different pay channels

you just need to register a card for the BC games once

7 minutes ago, nakamura said:

FH isn't free yet and you have to have a valid payment card when downloading Xbox 360 games via Xbox one. 

Or the website, need a valid payment option for that too. But just to emphasise for @Azrael, just for 360 games. No idea why

7 hours ago, nakamura said:

I loved the first game. It felt so focused and the boss battles, as cheesy as they were really made it. It's my joint favourite racer of all time. 

Yeah I didn't mind the cheese but the car and level restrictions made it feel more like a progression, take me back to that.

6 hours ago, Azrael said:

How come when I try to download the 360 game  (BG&E) on the Xbox One it asks me to add a payment method even though it's free. <_< 

The Xbox 360 store on Bone is just the Web portal and a year ago they changed the site so you had to give them your credit card or PayPal details for any transaction. It's bullshit and I refuse to give any of them my card on file so I claim through the 360 then switch over.

PITA but at least I'm less likely to get my details hacked.

• Upvote 2

I really liked the rivals in the original Forza Horizon and there were lots of details in the world that made it feel like a festival www going on. In comparison the world in FH2 felt empty with events just markers on a map and Sean Maguire hosting it.