rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Mighty Ash

Games with Gold - September

Pure class month for me.

Earthlock sounds interesting and I'm always on for new RPG experiences.

Creed: China sounds a bit like Mark of the Ninja but with Metroidvania stylings and a cool Okami style art direction, what could possibly go wrong?

I pretty much got bored with regular racing games after the Colin McRae days but Forza Horizon's innovations, variety and general sense of fun sounds great so I'll deffo give it a thorough test drive.

I loved Mirror's Edge back in the day and might take another trip through it for old time's sake, maybe try and hunt any fun achievements I may have missed.

Best month in a while for sure ^_^

7 hours ago, SMD said:

Yeah I didn't mind the cheese but the car and level restrictions made it feel more like a progression, take me back to that.

The Xbox 360 store on Bone is just the Web portal and a year ago they changed the site so you had to give them your credit card or PayPal details for any transaction. It's bullshit and I refuse to give any of them my card on file so I claim through the 360 then switch over.

PITA but at least I'm less likely to get my details hacked.

Yeah, I really want BG&E but don't want to give them any of my card details. Might set the 360 up again for it. 

Tried about an hour of it - if I was to use a word to describe it I'd say "bland" I'll go back and put a bit more time in in case it suddenly improves though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Has anyone tried Earthlock yet? It looks ace.

Yep, not impressed yet, the music is ok and it plays well enough, but so far it isn't grabbing me like I hoped it would, but it is the very beginning of the game, and as it's an RPG, it deserves a good few hours to see if it picks up at all.

Yeah, put a couple of hours into Earthlock last night. It looks nice, but it's lacking charm and it's incredibly dull. The combat isn't particularly interesting, nor are the characters I've met so far. With it being an RPG I'll give it a couple more hours to see if it grabs me.

Horizon is amazing I never played it on the 360 only the demo but I'm loving it and it might just delay my purchase of 3 as there seems to be so much to do and that's just the base game, nevermind the rally expansion and the 1000 challenge. Had a couple of times where it went unplayable due to stuttering but a hard reset fixed that.

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2016 at 09:34, Bojangle said:

Yeah, put a couple of hours into Earthlock last night. It looks nice, but it's lacking charm and it's incredibly dull. The combat isn't particularly interesting, nor are the characters I've met so far. With it being an RPG I'll give it a couple more hours to see if it grabs me.

Did you carry on playing or give up on it?

7 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

I never went back to it, sadly. Got distracted by other stuff!

Very easy to do at that time of year way too many games come out Sept to Dec. Earthlock is out on PS4 this month just the words strategy RPG got me interested.