rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Fusty Gusset

Hunt For The Wilderpeople

As of yesterday it's out there, highest rated film of the year on letterboxd. Going to watch it over the weekend.

• Upvote 1

Obviously What We Do in the Shadows is great, but Boy is well worth seeking out. Very, very good movie.

Hoping to watch Wilderpeople this weekend.

Dark, twice I was holding back tears. Utterly superb movie imo. Funny, moving and Taiki sure can direct. Rhys Darby was great in his brief role. 

Watched this earlier. Really funny and poignant. Going to watch his other films now. New Zealand looks beautiful, even more so than in LOTR. Good soundtrack too I though. 

Yeah have to echo the praise, watched it last night and really enjoyed it. Without a doubt will be in my top 5 of the year.

7 hours ago, Mentazm said:

Watched this earlier. Really funny and poignant. Going to watch his other films now. 

This sums up Boy well - it's funny but also quite dark and sad in places, but uplifting too.

Hadn't heard anything about this but the name of the thread caught my eye so watched last night. Very enjoyable. Didn't find it particularly dark as some have said but it certainly gets you thinking and it's always great to find an alternative to the usual in your face movies. 

Loved 'What We Do in the Shadows' so I think I'd best check out the rest of Waititi's output :)

• Upvote 1

On 22 September 2016 at 22:44, JPickford said:

Just watched this.  Absolutely wonderful.

LOTR gag cracked me up.

To join in with the common sentiment this is a really enjoyable film.  

'Sarah Connor before she did pull ups'

• Upvote 1

I'd heard/seen nothing about this other than from what I'd heard on the Empire podcast and Kermode & Mayo. So often I don't always get to see the films they rave about but as I was a big fan of What we do in the shadows I thought I'd check this out. I loved it. It's funny, charming and very poignant, really enjoyable.

Shame it only reached 15 in the UK chart. I'd been waiting in on for ages, not because I had seen any of the directors previous work, but because it's been the highest rated film of the year on Letterboxd for months.

• Upvote 1

Ah, this was an absolute treat. Bags of heart, plenty of laughs, and two wonderful central performances. I almost didn't want it to end. 

Been thinking about this more today and I think its definitely my film of the year so far. I'm definitely going to buy it when it's out on Blu Ray. Hope it gets some Oscars nominations cause it deserves to.

Great movie but don't watch the trailer before this because it really does ruin a lot of the gags.

Just watched it and I absolutely loved it, it just gets everything right, the humour, the absurdity and especially the dark parts of human existence. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/27/2016 at 09:42, Mentazm said:

This is joint fave of the year for me with Neon Demon.

Neon Demon was tosh though?

this is brilliant

No, the last 20 minutes was tosh. The rest was incredible. However I realise you can't get much more Marmite, whereas this is a massive crowd pleaser.

What a fantastic film. I had a really crap day and this was the perfect antidote to forget my troubles.

• Upvote 3