rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Fusty Gusset

Hunt For The Wilderpeople

37 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

Like Austin Powers losing all the amazing henchmen's family and orange sherbert bits?

Is that for real? Why would anyone cut those bits out.

On 05/02/2017 at 12:19, Stigweard said:

Is that for real? Why would anyone cut those bits out.

The US version had those bits cut, so maybe that's the version on Netflix. Also, I've just found out the henchman's wife is played by Dr Holly Goodhead from Moonraker. *mind blown*

I’d been saying to my wife we should watch this for months, then the bump of this thread prompted me to watch the trailer again.  I checked Netflix afterwards and typically it’s gone now. It looks so good though I’ve skipped the £3.49 rental option and bought it outright from iTunes. Looking forward to finally watching it later.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, ZOK said:

It will exceed your expectations. One of the best and most consistently excellent films I’ve watched.

Indeed it did.

8 hours ago, Goose said:

I watched this just tonight and it was great. Funny, inventive and moving.

That sum it up for me nicely.

On 16/12/2018 at 07:58, Stejay said:

I’d been saying to my wife we should watch this for months, then the bump of this thread prompted me to watch the trailer again.  I checked Netflix afterwards and typically it’s gone now. It looks so good though I’ve skipped the £3.49 rental option and bought it outright from iTunes. Looking forward to finally watching it later.

I was doing that too, she ummed and aahed for too long so I watched it on my own. Her loss! 

(It's great, in fact I quite fancy a re-watch...)

• Upvote 1

What a fucking lovely film. Watched it last night knowing nothing about it, I hadn't even seen the trailer before to my knowledge. It was heartwarming, dark, laugh-out-loud funny, emotional, thrilling... just brilliant. I have to seek out Watiti's other films now, as the only other one of his I've watched is Thor: Ragnarok (which I also loved). Is Jojo Rabbit anywhere near as good as this? Obviously I'll check out What We Do In The Shadows.

• Upvote 4