IGNORED

SEGA aquires Technosoft IP's (Thunder Force!)

NEG

If they just waste these on some 3D Classics Nintendo things and do nothing else with them it'll be... well, great for 3DS owners; less so for me. :P 

I'd just be happy with TFIII and IV on everything (PSN/Steam/XBLA/Nintendo) even though that'll never happen. I've been playing III on the Vita with Henkaku and it's still great.

You just know they'll totally waste this by putting it on mobile with shitty virtual controls and poor emulation. I feel terrible saying this .

Just do a Technosoft Collection for PS4/XB1/Steam because that's where the people who really want this sort of thing will be playing it, not on a bloody phone, not even on a 3DS.

I'm a lot more optimistic about what Sega do with Technosoft's properties because:

1.  Thunderforce III was already confirmed as a 3D classic

2.  M2 are still very much working with Sega and have already announced a spin off label dedicated to updating classic shooters to modern consoles (Battle Garegga for PS4 confirmed, for example),

3.  Sega seem to have been making some pretty progressive decisions lately in general

4.  Technosoft and Sega have enjoyed mutually beneficial ties since the birth of the Mega Drive. I like to think that this means something.

So there you have it. Scientifically robust reasons to be hopeful about this.

2 hours ago, spanky debrest said:

2.  M2 are still very much working with Sega and have already announced a spin off label dedicated to updating classic shooters to modern consoles (Battle Garegga for PS4 confirmed, for example),

I think M2 went down the self-publishing route for that game, so they clearly love the genre that much to risk their own money on it, the label is called M2 Shot Triggers.

After the failure of the shooting revival STG project, which ironically for this recent news hinged on the success of the then licensed from Technosoft Thunder Force VI on the PS2, it's questionable if they want to throw more money at another STG redux project.