Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!

6 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

Then buy through TopCashBack on Microsoft.com to get an extra 7% back on top.

Showing 3% for me on game purchases but did actually track at 7%. That's quite a chunk.

I got RDR on release day instore from Tesco for £29.75. Looked at the prices of this one and ended up looking like that guy spitting out his breakfast, fortunately I've got £33 of MS credit to use to make it more palatable. Checked the differences between the editions, and it looks like the only thing that isn't a load of shit is that "Bank Robbery Mission and Gang Hideout in Story Mode" bit. Is there any other actual game/story content that you get from the other editions? Doesn't look like it (going from https://rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60459/The-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Special-Edition-Ultimate-Edition-and-Collect) but thought I'd best check. 

1 hour ago, grounded_dreams said:

Here is the link to the game footage, it has no story spoilers - about twenty seconds of gameplay:

Hide contents

Also, someone has uploaded a screenshot, which hasn't been shown before (in official trailers and photos)

Reveal hidden contents

xgvz8guvnnt11.jpg

That Uber graphics and insta locking aim really contrast 

1 hour ago, BubbleFish said:

Any word if this has multiple save files? My eldest is dying to play her own game.

No, if Rockstar's algorithm detects multiple save files on one console it permanently bans you from playing the game. :(

47 minutes ago, stefcha said:

I got RDR on release day instore from Tesco for £29.75. Looked at the prices of this one and ended up looking like that guy spitting out his breakfast, fortunately I've got £33 of MS credit to use to make it more palatable. Checked the differences between the editions, and it looks like the only thing that isn't a load of shit is that "Bank Robbery Mission and Gang Hideout in Story Mode" bit. Is there any other actual game/story content that you get from the other editions? Doesn't look like it (going from https://rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60459/The-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Special-Edition-Ultimate-Edition-and-Collect) but thought I'd best check. 

I'm just going with the standard edition and assuming that the mission they've carved out as a special edition bonus is as lightweight and inessential as every other special edition bonus mission always is.

• Upvote 1

Well, exactly. From the description they sound like 5 minute things, the latter especially, so much so I wasn't sure I was reading it right. Then it's another £15 on top of that for the Ultimate edition, which seems to offer sod all more on top than levelling up a bit faster and a few skins. Madness. 

There's apparently 60ish hours of game in the standard story.  And that's not even counting the evenings spent roaming the West, setting up camp, hunting something for dinner, and sitting around playing my harmonica.  I really have no need in my life for any additional content, thanks.

• Upvote 4

With games like this, I would probably pay a premium for less content. I have a few games that I’d like to play, but the terrifying amount of time it will take to play through stops me from ever actually starting any of them. 

1 minute ago, K said:

With games like this, I would probably pay a premium for less content. I have a few games that I’d like to play, but the terrifying amount of time it will take to play through stops me from ever actually starting any of them. 

Ubisoft have you covered - Assassin's Creed Odyssey + XP boost is for you.

How quick are CDKeys usually? I bought the 3 x £20 Xbox gift cards yesterday, but when I click the link it tell me that my purchase isn't ready and to check back. It's still not showing anything though. I also emailed them first thing this morning, but no reply as yet. I thought these things were pretty much instant?

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

How quick are CDKeys usually? I bought the 3 x £20 Xbox gift cards yesterday, but when I click the link it tell me that my purchase isn't ready and to check back. It's still not showing anything though. I also emailed them first thing this morning, but no reply as yet. I thought these things were pretty much instant?

Anything in your email? I bought some Steam credit on Friday and got an email with the order confirmation + download link in a few minutes, although onsite in the order status the link wasn't there yet.

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

Same thing for me, I didn't actually bother checking the codes yesterday and now I've gone to do via the email link it's telling me it's not ready yet.

The £20 voucher has disappeared from the shop now so wondering if they've sold out tbh.

7 minutes ago, JPL said:

Happened to me before - they seem to pick some orders to randomly review. Email support is terrible at the moment, try complaining on twitter.

@scoobysi @stefcha Yeah, it's the download link on the email that I'm clicking. No joy though.

6 minutes ago, Majora said:

Same thing for me, I didn't actually bother checking the codes yesterday and now I've gone to do via the email link it's telling me it's not ready yet.

The £20 voucher has disappeared from the shop now so wondering if they've sold out tbh.

This is what I'm wondering. They've taken the money though. It'd be good to know one way or the other, as I could do with the money back to buy it if they haven't got any in stock.

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Happened to me before - they seem to pick some orders to randomly review. Email support is terrible at the moment, try complaining on twitter.

I don't use Twitter unfortunately.

I've just looked at the prices for this on PSN. Jesus.

I'm not missing anything though, am I - basically everything included in the Special/Ultimate Editions is a 'free money' cheat (for Online and/or Story mode, and I can't decide which is worse), an outfit or a horse, with barely anything of note in terms of content? Is there actually anything worthwhile in there, that I've just missed?

Everything in there just looks like it should be a preorder bonus, not something to try and sell for an extra £15-£30 on top of an already pretty bloody expensive game. I was pretty hyped for it before I had a look, but it's actually soured me on it somewhat.