rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
deKay

Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Thread: It's All Over, Folks! See you next console!

55 minutes ago, rgraves said:

:angry::angry:

OK, so issue #1 - ShopTo have somewhat stealthily moved the release date of the official case I ordered from March 3...to March 31!

http://www.shopto.net/nintendo/switch/SWAC37-official-switch-travel-case

I've heard nothing from them, but I just spotted it on their website - that's shit pushing it back at this point - and I'm wondering if that's the reason I've not had a dispatch email yet either.....

EDIT: Looks like all the 'Big Ben' stuff has been pushed back to March 31. Grrr arrrggghhhhh.

I ordered a (different) case from shopto, which has also been delayed until the 31st, but I've received a dispatch email. I'm sure it'll just be a matter of time before you get yours though...

24 minutes ago, Dan said:

I've got a dispatch email from shopto, but the account page still says processing. Anyone else?

I have the same thing. I imagine it will change once We get our DPD numbers.

7 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

No news on mine but I have an update on @deKay's order..

I was in Norwich and bumped into this DPD van so had a word, lets just say I think I have guaranteed my launch day deliveries ;)

File%2001-03-2017,%2015%2012%2000.jpeg

Oooh you bitch!

STILL NOTHING FROM SHOPTO.

Fingernails down to the knuckles now.

• Upvote 1

I

43 minutes ago, Jonnycash said:

Anyone had any info from argos with there switch pre orders ? All i have is Sit tight - your order is in progress

42 minutes ago, majic said:

thats all mine says too. i think argos will come through tho

i am more worried about the zelda order from Very...anyone waiting for it from them too?

Same. 

9 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Its gonna be mental in here tomorrow...

Friday will be the best. People constantly hitting F5 on courier websites. Announcing that they're delivery 113 of 156 and have a timeslot of mid afternoon. People near tears when it's 18:30 and their order still hasn't been delivered. The inevitable shitty courier who claims they delivered but didn't.

It's going to be amazing.

• Upvote 3

So, first Game cancelled some orders, and now ShopTo.  Wonder how that will affect things.

Spoiler

Kidding.  Should have gone with Zavvi, deKay!

• Upvote 3

Just now, Xevious said:

So, first Game cancelled some orders, and now ShopTo.  Wonder how that will affect things.

Hide contents

Kidding.  Should have gone with Zavvi, deKay!

I swear I'm going to cut someone.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Majora said:

Friday will be the best. People constantly hitting F5 on courier websites. Announcing that they're delivery 113 of 156 and have a timeslot of mid afternoon. People near tears when it's 18:30 and their order still hasn't been delivered. The inevitable shitty courier who claims they delivered but didn't.

Yeah,  sucks to be those guys waiting on Yodel,  Hermes,  and Amazon Logistics.. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Majora said:

58b6f4a43be9f_ScreenShot2017-03-01at16_19_18.thumb.png.eecfdebebf4938c8cea81f0e1f5ec729.png

48 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

No news on mine but I have an update on @deKay's order..

I was in Norwich and bumped into this DPD van so had a word, lets just say I think I have guaranteed my launch day deliveries ;)

That's only going to work if you slipped into dekay''s alternate reality where 'every game works differently and/or is broken' first. 

Keep an eye on your shopto order, esp if you ordered Zelda along with the Switch, they charged me the old £56 price for Zelda not the discounted price they have on their website. I did point this out to them a few weeks ago and they said I would be charged the lower price, didn't happen, apparently passed to accounts for a refund. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

Keep an eye on your shopto order, esp if you ordered Zelda along with the Switch, they charged me the old £56 price for Zelda not the discounted price they have on their website. I did point this out to them a few weeks ago and they said I would be charged the lower price, didn't happen, apparently passed to accounts for a refund. 

Mine is showing I was charged £58.21, but that's for the special edition, which is currently £89.86.

Erm.

• Upvote 1

Also, I've obtained £12 of credit from all the Switch stuff I've bought, so Bomberman for £32-ish is looking very tempting now.

1 minute ago, deKay said:

Mine is showing I was charged £58.21, but that's for the special edition, which is currently £89.86.

Erm.

keep that quiet then, you didn't use any credit on it did you?

1 minute ago, deKay said:

Also, I've obtained £12 of credit from all the Switch stuff I've bought, so Bomberman for £32-ish is looking very tempting now.

Not until its £3.20ish

Just now, Melon_Bread said:

keep that quiet then, you didn't use any credit on it did you?

Nope. I don't think I had any. Certainly not that  much anyway!

Just now, g wings said:

Not until its £3.20ish

Actually, yeah. Save my pennies for the million indie games I need instead.

1 hour ago, chamberlago said:

I also pre-ordered from shopto straight after the initial reveal when it had the placeholder £9999 price and haven't had a dispatch email yet.

I'm hoping everything is allocated and will be sent out in time for Friday delivery but they are just working through in reverse order (for some reason).

Maybe we should start a support group?

Hold me

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

Yeah, I got charged full whack too, same thing is happening for me with the refunding too. I got charged £14 randomly on top of everything in my order as well, which is now in my account as credit. Why??

• Upvote 1

Nintendo UK seems to be leaving it later than everyone else. I was reliably informed they dispatched New 3DS and NES Mini early. What happened? :( 

i am sitting on my amazon prime order. And I know that sometimes with prime orders they don't emilt eh shipping notification til after 1am on day it will arrive (PSVR email confirmation arrived at 1:40am on the morning I expected it)

A prime order or preorder has never failed yet so fingers crossed!

Just back from MediaMarkt (European electronics superstore chain) and they had tons of WiiU Zeldas all stacked up, as well as a big pallet of special editions for the Switch. Also 1-2-Switch besides that. I felt like robbing the cunts. The guy working his way through the pile clocked me and gave me a knowing smile.

I'm 36 years old. Why am I acting like I'm 12?

Went into Game Mania where my pre-order is and they confirmed my console, as well as Zelda (which I can't remember ordering from there, but whatever). The guy was laughing at me because I've been harassing the FaceBook staff so much, flip-flopping between neon and grey. They just had a cancellation on a pro controller so I managed to snap that up for myself, which was the main purpose of me going in. So yeah, that's been my day.

So close now bitches. Fuck...

• Upvote 6

I didn't realise but the way GameSeek are doing it is if you've signed up to a stock alert for the Neon, people will randomly be emailed to be allowed to put an order in. Not a bad way of doing it. Avoids having to sit there F5ing and then being disappointed.

Might pop into GAME tomorrow to trade some stuff in for the Switch/Scorpio fund. Will be interesting to see if they've still got stock available.

Pre-ordered a Switch and Zelda this past Monday through Amazon and received confirmation today that the Switch is being delivered on Friday! Result! Big problem being that there's no word on Zelda. God damn.