rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
deKay

Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Thread: It's All Over, Folks! See you next console!

1 minute ago, iloverage said:

Pre-ordered a Switch and Zelda this past Monday through Amazon and received confirmation today that the Switch is being delivered on Friday! Result! Big problem being that there's no word on Zelda. God damn.

I ordered zelda from amazon a few weeks ago and was told this morning i'd not get it on launch day.  Admittedly, the estimated date was Saturday.  Cancelled the order and went with simplygames for £2 cheaper than the amazon price and it shipped about 3 hours later.  

Check out Simply!

• Upvote 1

I've just had a dispatch notification for everything I've ordered from Amazon except the Hori case, namely the console, Zelda, 1-2-Switch and the Pro controller. Arriving Friday via Hermes, who have history for throwing packages over my side gate in the pissing rain when nobody is home. Looks like I'm working from home on Friday.

Oh, also included is a copy of Wii U Zelda I apparently ordered in September 2014 and promptly forgot about. Way to go, younger me. 

• Upvote 3

Ordered months ago and nothing from Amazon today - says 3rd on website 

Just ordered pro controller though :(

Ordered on the 13th of Jan from Amazon. Wonder if being on Prime is going to screw up my launch day joy before Amazon Logistics have a chance to.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Nothing from ShopTo

Me neither in terms of email but my order now has a tracking number.   

2 minutes ago, JPickford said:

Me neither in terms of email but my order now has a tracking number.   

:o

So does mine!

it doesn't work.

Went to Game today armed with my trade-in credit and bought £50 of eShop credit.

Picked up the Shovel Knight amiibo but decided not to buy it until I know what it does in game. Got home and literally the first thing I saw when I jumped on my computer was this:

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/03/meeber/

Nuts, now I have to go back and get it!

• Upvote 1

Having just got in from work and skimmed a few articles I'm beginning to get a little nervous about my pre-order having seen that there's a potential problem with the joycon signal and some weird freezing in Zelda? Is this just a few isolated issues with review units or some genuine hiccups with the system right now? I'd rather experience it without the problems.

In other news, if I don't cancel my pre-order completely I'm going with the Neon over lamp-post grey.

Can't wait for Friday.  Zelda is going to be fucking amazing.  I've pre-ordered sniperclips too.  

• Upvote 1

Oh Boobies. I've just checked my simplygames order and realised I've ordered the chuffin WiiU version of Zelda instead of the switch.And I've now cancelled my Amazon order. I'm fucked :(

• Upvote 1

I ordered from Smyths yesterday lunchtime, hoping to pick up at midnight. I'm not going to get one am I?

My Amazon orders have now all changed over from 'Pre-Ordered' to 'Not Yet Dispatched'. Prime so suspect as usual it'll be dispatched late Thursday.

No doubt they'll then slightly shit on the hype parade by delivering it through Amazon Logistics.

• Upvote 1

At least Amazon informs its customers of when the console will ship and arrive. We're, what, 26 hours from launch and all Nintendo UK pre-orders are sitting exactly as they were when we placed them months ago. No money taken, no 'dispatch' notice, no estimated delivery, no communication. No one has any idea what's happening. And this is the official Nintendo store. Won't be using them again, that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

Nothing from Gameseek. Nothing from Smyth's either, but even if I get no confirmation email I'm going to the shop and kicking some my little pony displays over.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Adrock said:

Nothing from Gameseek. Nothing from Smyth's either, but even if I get no confirmation email I'm going to the shop and kicking some my little pony displays over.

Smyths told me they'd take the money off the card then i'd receive an email Thursday night for confirmation. Bit bloody late.

Hopefully this time tomorrow i'll be on the bus to pick up my Switch.

11 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

No ShopTo email today, tomorrow is going to be a long, nervy day waiting for the details.

You and me both :(

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

Nintendo UK finally taking my money. Thank god.

My order has finally switched (aha!) to 'awaiting dispatch'. Now to hope it doesn't end up with the same postman who is presumably sitting on my copy of Horizon Zero Dawn right now.

Your postman isn't sitting on it. He's beaten the tutorial and probably levelled up twice by now.

• Upvote 1

Big stress day today everyone. Stay strong and remember you aren't alone. We can get through this, together. 

• Upvote 4