IGNORED

Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Thread: It's All Over, Folks! See you next console!

deKay

DPD have lost my Switch and Zelda, having no record of it since arriving in Reading after collection at 11:00am yesterday. It's still not lost enough that they can declare it officially lost apparently and they assure me that it may turn up in the depot which seems like a fob off to me so we'll see...

I am very cross indeed.

Just got on the phone to Amazon as my delivery is being reported as out for delivery twice but still not here.  All amazon deliveries have arrived before this time, and she confirmed Its still located in the Wigan branch.  The nice lady said it should still arrive today.  Last time i am using Amazon for hardware purchases on launch.  So glad i took the day off work ......

Past launches when people were fretting over their mailorders arriving/not arriving/partially arriving, I usually just walked into a store and picked it up even without a pre-order.

This time people will once again get burned; delivery companies fucking up,  shipments sent out  too late or incomplete, parcels left on porches, being in the toilet when the courier rings...

And then I will ask, just like every other time before,  why on EARTH do you rely on online retailers AND the postal services when you want  something NOW?

Always listen to Da Nap

1 minute ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Ah, sorry I can see you're new here. If you look through past console launch threads, you'll see floods of tears from those who ordered from Amazon.

I guess becoming part of a grand rllmuk tradition is a small consolation. 

And the wife has cancelled her night out as has a hangover so we'll be staying in and watching a film apparently. Joy! :lol:  

In the meantime while I have new gadget lust, tell me about the cases fellow Switch owners. Do I need one if have no intention of taking it out of the house?

The BBC has an article on words from other cultures/countries that describe feelings we don't have words for. One seemed quite appropriate for today:

Iktsuarpok (Inuit) - That feeling of anticipation when you're waiting for someone to show up at your house and you keep going outside to see if they're there yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39141780/theres-now-a-word-for-nails-on-a-blackboard---but-its-not-in-english

54 minutes ago, tnman said:

10/10 for treat placement.

I swore that that was a cuddly toy when I first saw that pic. Haha 

50 minutes ago, Len said:

And the wife has cancelled her night out as has a hangover so we'll be staying in and watching a film apparently. Joy! :lol:  

In the meantime while I have new gadget lust, tell me about the cases fellow Switch owners. Do I need one if have no intention of taking it out of the house?

Im unlikely to take outside and I went for the official case which comes with a screen protector as this bit of lovely kit deserves TLC. The HORI case looks nice but it seems to be rare to find one out in the wild.

Finally got to join the club. 

IMG_20170303_170028.thumb.jpg.8d398d623ce3d55cbf0ee4b4df36f1a4.jpg

I know there seems to be loads about, but on the off chance that anyone in London can't find a neon, let me know as I'm going to send my spare pre-order back soon for a refund.  

Edit: Now sold.