rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
deKay

Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Thread: It's All Over, Folks! See you next console!

1 hour ago, auntyclimax said:

Hopefully I can just replace the game in the LE box with the new one and return as normal. bah.

They're different cases so be careful.

12 minutes ago, boybrown said:

Great to see so much joy on Switchmas. I would poss loads but my 20 ran out at approx 10:00. I had a long day and my new baby survived a bus and train journey:P

Fiver for membership and you can pos forever..

;)

I am still very cross that DPD have totally  fucking lost my switch and zelda. 

• Upvote 4

Don't think I'll be using Amazon for console launches again, that's for sure. Whilst everything evidently arrived fine (at 5:40pm, a whole 24 hours after dispatch), wasting the majority of my day for not the first time is not fine.

35 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

I got mine delivered from Amazon, and there was no seal on my box either. Really unexpected.

36 minutes ago, spork said:

Mine from Argos didn't have one. 

Phew! Cheers, good to know mine hasn't been messed with then.

My belated Amazon order is on its final stretch across London in an Uber. Makes a change from endless DPD updates I guess.

Image 7.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Stejay said:

Just a quick one, does the Switch box come with an adhesive seal like every other electric item you buy nowadays?  I've just got home from picking up my preorder from Smyths, and it all looks ok, but there was no seal on the box and it is feasible that someone may have had mine out for a play and then put it back.

My box had no seal and the same thought crossed my mind by the packaging looked untouched so I felt content had a virgin switch

• Upvote 1

Indeed, no seal on Switch, Pro Controller or the official carry case. Limited Edition Zelda is the only item that had a seal on the box. (value now gone forever)

Oh hurray, just realised we're also out tomorrow at a mates for a boozy day and dinner. Hungover Zelda Sunday incoming by the looks of things... :rolleyes:

has anyone tested the hori or offical case yet? I've the hori case sat here staring at me but tempted to not open it and get the offical case. 

I've got a Pro Controller reserved at Argos, will decide tomorrow whether to pick it up or not. Checking the Argos website first thing this morning they had stock so I could have picked one up there and saved myself all the delivery stress!

Loving Zelda so far, it looks proper amazing.

Nintendo delivered the console perfectly, but somehow Amazon have managed to fuck up my Zelda preorder. It's so infuriating the way they're normally so reliable with next day delivery, except when it really counts on launches. Apparently it'll "definitely" be here tomorrow, despite the fact it's currently still in Warrington, and I live in Kent. By the time I realised it wasn't coming, it was too late to go out and get one elsewhere...

And why did no one tell me how bastard hard Shovel Knight is?!

16 minutes ago, watusi said:

has anyone tested the hori or offical case yet? I've the hori case sat here staring at me but tempted to not open it and get the offical case. 

My Hori case order is delayed until Monday, but I'm tempted to pick up the official one tomorrow and possibly do the same. 

Surely one fine soul on this forum must have both. 

Sorry for the radio silence, lads. I know you've all been well desperate to know. Mine finally turned up at 4:20 just before I had to leave for a meeting. Then came back and set it up, updated the software and had a quick blast on zelda. Haven't touched 1,2 yet.

Wrist straps are a bit clumsy to get off but otherwise it's great. Also, in tv mode the picture needs to be shrunk to fit in the borders but I can't find the option.

Zelda is great, isn't it? 

Life is good x

IMG_2549.JPG

• Upvote 1

My shopto order has finally been found and is heading north even as I type this! 

IT'S SWITCHMAS EVE (AGAIN)!

• Upvote 6

I've got the official case and it seems adequate. It's ok to chuck it in my bag but it's not going to offer much protection from a heavy hit. It does have a stand bit built in and some storage for games though. For £16 it's fine and the screen protector is invisible once installed. 

Tried to put on the screen protector after about six pints and completely fucked it up. Tore it back off and chucked it away. Seemed like it was a little smaller than the screen?

Screen protectors are shit. Don't worry.

If the screen protectors are invisible and the touch screen still works perfectly why don't they fit them at the factory?

• Upvote 3

Have you seen the pic of the dock scratched screen?

This is the first time I've ever used one and it's only because it came with the case. 

I'm very happy with the screen protector that came with the official case.  It doesn't detract from the display at all.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

This is the first time I've ever used one and it's only because it came with the case. 

Fuck. No. What?

• Upvote 1

Right I've just got home. Left work at four and been out drinking with mates since then. Received an email earlier in the day from amazon saying that my switch had been signed for. I got home and it wasn't in the usual post spot. There was a card by my door saying that it was with flat number 4. Why the fuck did they take it in? They should have left it in the post area (it's an old Hove town house converted into 6 small flats - it'll be secure). I've got my Zelda from simply games. I don't have my switch. I'm a little drunk and angry. Do I knock on flat 4 at 10:30pm or do I wait till the morning? Are they playing on my switch. They better not be playing on my switch. I want my switch :(

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, iloverage said:

Right I've just got home. Left work at four and been out drinking with mates since then. Received an email earlier in the day from amazon saying that my switch had been signed for. I got home and it wasn't in the usual post spot. There was a card by my door saying that it was with flat number 4. Why the fuck did they take it in? They should have left it in the post area (it's an old Hove town house converted into 6 small flats - it'll be secure). I've got my Zelda from simply games. I don't have my switch. I'm a little drunk and angry. Do I knock on flat 4 at 10:30pm or do I wait till the morning? Are they playing on my switch. They better not be playing on my switch. I want my switch :(

Why are you even asking? Of course you knock. If they don't answer kick the door down.

• Upvote 7

You are right of course. On the other hand I've possibly had too many beers to fully appreciates it tonight anyway. That's what I'm telling myself. 

3 minutes ago, iloverage said:

You are right of course. On the other hand I've possibly had too many beers to fully appreciates it tonight anyway. That's what I'm telling myself. 

I've had a few beers, too. Go and kick that fucking door down.

The switch will eventually be superseded and fade into obsolescence like all electronics. Every second your neighbour has it is a second robbed from you.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

No, because the screen isn't scratched.

58 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

Thats the one I tried to apply. Should've waited till tomorrow morning. 

Haven't been keeping up to date with this thread since the early afternoon, but I hope everyone got sorted! Wouldn't have got though it without my fellow Switch Bros!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1