rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
FozZ

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (AKA Soil Yourself Simulator VR)

Having played the demo and jumped out of my skin several times I'm not entirely sure why I got this, but I really enjoyed Until Dawn so why not. 

Just finished the first 3 levels with headphones in and turned up. Actually shaking now. It was fun in the way I assume people find other horror stuff fun (never been a horror fan, normally I nope away immediately ) . Bugger me though if I wasn't jumpy as hell - even when the jumps scares are heavily signposted, the timings and proximity in VR shit me up every time.

Also, squealing pigs at that volume can do one. 

Having a break from it for tonight. Need some happy.

So, who else is playing? Need some usernames to lose against on my friends list.

(Mine's Monophobian, add me!)

Edit: added my psn as it looks like sigs don't appear on mobile. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I'm playing. It's a really good game. I don't know if I've ever had such a visceral reaction to any other game I've played. So scary, it's had me literally jumping out of my chair. Yelling in fear, sweating so much I've had to take my jumper off and panting from the adrenaline rush. 

Psn: clever_dave 

• Upvote 2

I've got it and am waiting on Move controllers being available anywhere in this sodding country for me to actually play it properly.

24 minutes ago, Poet said:

I've got it and am waiting on Move controllers being available anywhere in this sodding country for me to actually play it properly.

That sucks. I got 2 from CEX as soon as I put my PSVR order in back in March for a tenner each. 

£40 now! Takes the piss. Amazing to see an old worthless peripheral become relevant again but shame for folks like yourself. 

Have the full game but no got past the start of stage 2. Mainly cos the jump scares make me scream out loud. But I got a few people up tomorrow night to try PSVR. So this will be going on. 

I love this but I'm shit at it. Even though I'I've completed it it still shits me up.

strideristhebest

Loved the first two levels; they were the right amount of shooty fun and scary shite.

Then level three gave me some nasty, nasty jump scares, and now I don't dare to play further. Super conflicted about it, too, as I love the actual gameplay (with the Move controllers).

DC, you mind spoiling what happens in level 5?

35 minutes ago, Spainkiller said:

DC, you mind spoiling what happens in level 5?

Level 5 spoiler.

Spiders

oh for the love of fuck

:(

Last question: does the game keep relying on in-your-face jumpscares as the levels progress? The level three ghost girls with the banshee shrieks were my kryptonite.

Pretty much. If you've made it that far, you can make it to the end, although the aforementioned fifth stage will be the worst for people of a certain disposition.

@jonamokI also think that playing this before Until Dawn is highly likely to spoil certain plot and character developments/twists.

For anyone who's finished both games, rather than the dubious tie-in that has nothing to do with UD that everyone initially presumed it to be, it's actually a clever interpretation of this scene...

• Upvote 1

I did the first two levels with headphones.  

Fuck that. Playing with just the speakers from now on. 

Just purchased the full version, loved the demo and it (along with Rez) was one of the reasons I picked up a PSVR to compliment my Rift. As I love light gun shooters and until Touch controllers come out the Rift has nothing like this.

Just played the demo and it was the first truly 'holy shit' moment I had with VR. Watching on the TV screen it's not scary at all but with the helmet on it's horrifying. Tempted to buy the full game but don't know if I could play it on my own. Then I gave it to a friend and he bailed out less than halfway through. 

One level at a time is all I can take and I still shit myself at the jump scare in the titles. Every single time. Every. Single. Time.

1 hour ago, DC07 said:

Pretty much. If you've made it that far, you can make it to the end, although the aforementioned fifth stage will be the worst for people of a certain disposition.

Nnnnnngh. I'm such a pussy. 

OK. I'll bite through it.

Will you be playing RE7 in VR, btw?

2 hours ago, DC07 said:

@jonamokI also think that playing this before Until Dawn is highly likely to spoil certain plot and character developments/twists.

Thank you! I'll hold off as I really fancy both games. Plenty of other stuff on PSVR.

Enjoying this, after buying it last night. There's nothing like a pair of guns to nullify the sense of dread. 

Eek, something scary! Blam! Blam! Blam!

Some of the jump scares are total bastards, but Blam! Blam! Blam!

Oh and i like  the three high score tables too. Wait, what's that over there? Blam! Blam! Blam!

My tactic is to unload both guns into the face of a monster while looking away from it with my eyes shut. It's not very effective...

• Upvote 2

Had this since launch.. just about to boot it up for the first time. :unsure:

Main plus point is that the house is Wife and Childless so nobody can shit me up whilst playing it! 

37 minutes ago, U-1 said:

Had this since launch.. just about to boot it up for the first time. :unsure:

Main plus point is that the house is Wife and Childless so nobody can shit me up whilst playing it! 

Yeah, that'll stop this scaring the fuck out of you.

i stepped back and brushed the chair with my leg and almost pissed myself.