IGNORED

A great gaming track a day

Sureshot

@ilpostino I had a feeling that you'd enjoy my offerings! I'm happy that you are, and I haven't posted publically the few tunes that you got a sneaky peak of yet!

It's interesting that you've chosen that particullar SOR2 track as it's something I was thinking about recently while playing the game. This may be common knowlegde (I honestly don't know) but I have always been struck by how similar this track "Under Logic" was to "Ebeneezer Goode" by The Shamen. Ebeneezer Goode was released in the UK charts in the summer of '92. I remember this as the BBC were running an anti-drugs campaign at the time, it's funny how a song glorifying drugs reached number 1 and was constantly being played by the BBC while they themselves were doing their best to run their own anti-drugs campain. SOR2 came out a few months after this track was released. I have always wondered if Koshiro ever heard this track and was influenced by it. Many years later, the basis of the Ebeneezer Goode song was even used in the SOR Remake, that's how similar they are. I've put the two tracks in the spoiler. Have a listen and tell me your thoughts, just a coincidence or heavily influenced to the point of being near identical?! I 've always suspected it's the latter, but I doubt we'll ever truly know the answer!

Spoiler

Revival Xanadu II: Remix (PC-98) - Level 7 - Composers Mieko Ishikawa, Hirofumi Matsuoka, Atsushi Shirakawa, Naoki Kaneda, Takahiro Tsunashima, Masaru Nakajima and Satoshi Arai (Falcom Sound Team)

An insightful interview with composer Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, the unmistakable voice behind a few of Sega's best loved games. He talks about his history with Sega and performs some of his best known tracks from Daytona & Burning Rangers.