IGNORED

A great gaming track a day

Sureshot

Never played the game but having recently played the original Impossible Mission the Amiga sequel Impossible Mission 2025 has a superb soundtrack from Allister Brimble

Impossible Mission 2025 : The Special Edition -03- Select 02

@Klatrymadon Thanks for posting that Natsuki Chonicles track. I love a good shmup, I had the game on my radar last year but then forgot all about it until your post prompted me into making the purchase. The whole soundtrack is excellent!

Dracula Hakushaku (PC-98) - D_02d - Composer Ryu Takami

@KlatrymadonBased on my couple of days playing playing Natsuki Chronicles I think you'll be in for a treat! I have Eschatos as well, really enjoyed that at the time. I've posted my favourite track from the game below. You can definitely hear a lot of PC98 influences are present in this particular track,and still prevalent in Japanese games. It's quite fitting really as it's kind of ties in with my PC98 stuff I've been posting .... although I'm straying off the path for this one! I can easily imagine a chiptune version of this using something like a YM2608.

Eschatos (Xbox 360) - Point Of No Return - Composer Yousuke Yasui

Another slight detour from the PC88/98/X68K stuff, but still related in a way. You may have noticed I've posted a few tracks by the late Ryu Umemoto. Here's one of his later tracks from a game I'm sure you will be familar with. Played this game earlier this evening and decided to post my fave track from the game

Akai Katana Shin (Xbox360) - Kojiri (Stage 5) - Composer Ryu Umemoto

In the spoiler is his arrangement using the FM sound for the lead, sounds a little reminiscent of his early compositions.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy new year, everyone! Six days into 2021 & I can't quite believe I'm the first to post in here this year! I'll kick things off with the aural delights of Yuzo Koshiro. It's worth listening to whole OST if you have time.

The Scheme (PC88) - I'll Save You All My Justice - Composer Yuzo Koshiro

6 hours ago, Klatrymadon said:

Might post a name entry track a day for a while.

I like this idea! I'll refrain from posting my PC88/PC98/X68K for a while, I've still got a quite a few to post but I can start that up again anytime! One more contribution from me .....

Raiden II (Arcade) - Name Entry - Composer Go Sato