IGNORED

A great gaming track a day

Sureshot

Does what I'm about to post qualify as a "great gaming track"? In this form I've posted I suspect not. However, it is a a piece of gaming musical history that has just been rediscovered by Hiroshi Kawaguchi. From my perspective as a musician the countermelody here is interesting, but I can see why it never made it into the final track. Below is his original tweet, I've also put the video up on YT in case the tweet ever disappears.

Out Run (Arcade) - Passing Breeze (early midi sketch) - Composer Hiroshi Kawaguchi

Awesome arrangement!  Must try and find that on YouTube.  I just picked up the MU2000EX and CM-64 MIDI modules and they nicely bolster old system emulation, though I think that arrangement is cooler than what those modules put out for the game.

I’m totally hooked on this track lately:

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had access to one of the UK's oldest church organs, and will have continued access to it from here on in. As well as practicing some of the typical classical repertoire I attempted to play the track below ... albeit unsuccessfully as I couldn't fully remember it. Been trying to commit this to memory, I think it would work entirely as an organ solo. Something rather soothing about this.

Castlevania Symphony Of The Night (Saturn / PS1) - Requiem For The Gods - Composer Michiru Yamane

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Posting the OST for Fausette Amour on PC Engine.

It’s such a unique soundtrack, if you don’t know the game you’d listen and wonder what the hell the game was it’s so diverse in its tracks. I say it’s the OST, I think the guy has literally just pulled the audio tracks off the CD, but this is the best version of the OST I could find.

I recommend people give it a listen, it’s barely 20 mins long but it’s such a unique mix of music I’m sure music fans will find it interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Final Fantasy VI (or FF3 original USA SNES launch) - Dancing Mad - Composer Nobuo Uematsu

An amazing live performance by Amakuchi .... there aren't too many keyboard players who are willing to take this piece on, and play it as part of a livestream.

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2022 at 06:17, Triple A said:

Another medley/mix, some top tunes here.  Good YT channel to listen to!

Yeah @Triple A I've been really enjoying this channel since it was shared here the first time. Top stuff, expertly mixed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...