A great gaming track a day

Sureshot

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/06/2022 at 04:35, Quest said:

Pop'n Twinbee (SNES) - Ocean

Ah the Pop 'n TwinBee OST!  It's just so damn good.  Great shout.

Some tracks on the TwinBee Yahho OST are also really good, here's probably my favourite;

• 4 weeks later...

I always loved the music on this old demo disc for the Same coupe. It's version of Rob Hubbards tune for the game Chimera and the Sam version sounds just amazing

Not sure If I have posted it before. Sorry if I have. Pure chip tune loveliness.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been on a Cave binge this week and obsessing over Ketsui which I can’t play without setting up MAME and that seems exhausting. This whole soundtrack is pretty wonderful but the console-port menu music was alway my favourite thing on there - that surprise 303esque synth at 0.48 :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2022 at 07:11, ilpostino said:

Gynoug (Sega Mega Drive) - Level 4-1

It's been a little while since I've posted anything in this thread. What a game this is, one of my fave Mega Drive shmups! I still fire this up on a regular basis. I've always liked the score to this game, the piece I've highlighted below appeals to the classical musician side of me. It's quite "Bach-like" in it's approach in being written in the style of a fugue .... although it's not a fugue!

Gynoug (Mega Drive) - Composer Noriyuki Iwadare - Stage 3-1

2 hours ago, shiffy said:

It's been a little while since I've posted anything in this thread. What a game this is, one of my fave Mega Drive shmups! I still fire this up on a regular basis. I've always liked the score to this game, the piece I've highlighted below appeals to the classical musician side of me. It's quite "Bach-like" in it's approach in being written in the style of a fugue .... although it's not a fugue!

Good to see you back in here, mate!

Gynoug is one of my favourites too, it was part of the first set of games I got with my Mega Drive for Christmas - so it holds a special memory for me. The music is incredible all the way through too.

EDIT: I didn't know it had gotten a re-release on Xbox/PS4/Switch, either! Might have to go buy that.

Slight cheat, but hey, I haven't been posting in here as much and the Beeb doesn't exactly have a lot of music worth shouting about.

Cute To Kill (Beyond Infinity: Chapter 2) - Theme & Level Music.

• 2 weeks later...

This certainly doesn't qualify as a great gaming track. I've only just discovered this via this tweet. This game looks like it could be hilarious to play after a few beers. I give you the opening to Beethoven's Fifth Symphony in "Trombone Champ". Worth listening to just for sheer comedy value.

To act as a counterpoint to the sillyness I posted above, here's some proper gaming music. Sure this has been posted before, but I like it and reminds me of the time I spent mastering the 3 screen arcade version using the H pattern gearbox, clutch and no driving assists. I could never get on with the Dreamcast / PS2 versions as it just never felt the same as the arcade.

Ferrari F355 Challenge (Arcade / Dreamcast / PS2) - Intro - Composers Genki Hitomi & Minoru Niihara