A great gaming track a day

Sureshot

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this is not the first time this has been posted, but as all of the F-Zero videos in this thread appear to have been removed from Youtube it gives me the perfect excuse to post this.

F-Zero (SNES) - Port Town - Composers Yumiko Kanki & Naoto Ishida

As a little bonus, here's a version recently performed by one of my favourite keyboard players.

This is amazing. Over 20 minutes long. The ST gets no love. The tune that comes in at 4:20 is just smashing.

Apparently, the demomakers 'borrowed' the music from Atomio, the puzzle game proffered as a solution in another thread to a mystery puzzle game.

On 08/10/2022 at 22:31, shiffy said:

As a little bonus, here's a version recently performed by one of my favourite keyboard players:

OMG I checked out that channel and it's like a greatest hits of many of my favourite video game tracks.

This performance is incredible:

19 hours ago, Triple A said:

OMG I checked out that channel and it's like a greatest hits of many of my favourite video game tracks.

This performance is incredible:

Amakuchi is an amazing player, and I say that as a pianist who also has a history of playing older generations of this type of instrument. Her musicianship is exceptional, there aren't too many people who would livestream for an hour playing only music that is being sight-read.  There aren't too many people who would be able to play this piece "live" either, which she has done on a few occassions. I discovered her channel just as she was starting a live stream at the very start of the UK lockdowns in 2020. Everything that she performs could easily be posted here. Funnily enough, I had already posted this "Dancing Mad" performance a few pages back.

She does a livestream on Youtube a few times a month, usually on a Thursday at around 2:00pm UK time (about to change to 1:00pm due to the clocks going back). It's well worth checking out if you're able to.

Changing the mood slightly.....

Ufouria: The Saga / Hebereke (NES / FC) - Hebe In The Cold Area - Composer Naoki Kodaka

The guys at Sunsoft really knew how to make the NES sing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first of of the two livestreams from Amakuchi performed earlier today. Too many pieces to mention to mention but music from the following games & series are featured .... Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, New Super Mario Bros, Mega Man, Chrono Trigger, Romancing Saga, Okami. There's something here for everyone!

• 2 weeks later...