IGNORED

Noclip - Videogame Documentaries

Nespresso

I enjoyed that. A bit odd there weren't even any ex-Valve people involved, strict NDAs I guess.

The section with Geoff Keighley speculating about Half Life 3 was the most tedious and pointless thing ever filmed, and as such a perfect document of Geoff Keighley's existence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2018 at 12:54, Stanley said:

I think it's a sad state of affairs when that alone is considered enough. 

I've never really heard him offer a worthy opinion on anything, he's just another talking head who gained popularity by working for Gamespot. 

Each to their own of course I'd just prefer someone with a bit more charm or charisma, and for whom writing isn't so perfunctory. Inject some fucking life into it. 

I know what you mean, btw. There's just something lacking in these. A bit of critique, opinion or something else. Even some outside context or something.

They feel a bit hermetically sealed and airless. Perfectly bland.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Not on the length of it, no. Some other stuff, though. 

Really enjoyed that, @grounded_dreams, thanks for linking. 

That's a shame they didn't talk about the length and who pushed for it to be so damn long. Maybe it's something they can't talk about without offending someone they currently work with on the publisher side.

It just seems like the most obvious thing to talk about in a post mortem, considering it was the primary complaint from almost everybody.

I dunno, they don't shy away fr saying a few things, such as how bad Colonial Marines was and how sega didn't want another alien game as a result. 

The doc mostly looks at the development of the game, it doesn't offer much in the way of retrospective of the game itself, other than acknowledging it's probably not everyone's cup of tea. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...