IGNORED

Good couch gaming games

Rayn

Tomorrow I'm going to a reunion of sorts. A bunch of friends from the 90s will be reunited and we haven't done local multiplayer since the odd LANs almost 20 years ago. We've got an Xbone, a PS4 with VR ( but no Move sticks ), a WiiU, a Saturn and a Dreamcast. The majority of available games are for the Sony and MS consoles.

It just struck me that there aren't many games that support local multiplayer anymore, so what games could we successfully plan to play if we intend to include everyone?

Street Fighter tournament? FIFA/PES tournament?

Time trial runs on Forza Horizon 3?

Does anyone have some creative recommendations?

I may be alone in this opinion, but I reckon Rush 2049 Battle Mode (4-player split-screen) is the greatest local multiplayer game of all time. Fire it up on the Dreamcast and have a knockout league or something.  It's at its best with cheats enabled which, unfortunately, can be fiddly to input.

You have a PSVR. You must get Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes. It's just perfection for local multiplayer, particularly with large groups.

Other than that, the shouts above for Rocket League, Master Chief Collection, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Gang Beasts, Bomberman and, well, pretty much half of the Dreamcast's oeuvre are great shouts.

4 minutes ago, Wiper said:

You have a PSVR. You must get Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes. It's just perfection for local multiplayer, particularly with large groups.

Does that work without the Move sticks?

10 hours ago, DarkCrisis said:

They are party games each with several different type of games in them.

I highly recommend checking them out.

http://jackboxgames.com/

Thanks for reminding me of these games' existence - I've just bought Jackbox Party Pack 3 as some friends are coming over tonight. I'm looking forward to playing, as I've heard a lot about the series before but never actually given any of them a go. :)