IGNORED

Sonic The Hedgehog (Live Action) Nov 2019

NEG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, gone fishin' said:

So my son’s going to see it this afternoon, I didn’t even know it had been released!

Previews. My son wanted me to take him.

I just got off the phone with my sister. Her and the BIL have cineworld unlimited tickets, so they’re going to take him during general release weekend.

Valentines day weekend :eyebrows:

what!?!

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2019 at 16:31, Down by Law said:

This movie is going to make mad bank. Sonic is incredibly popular with kids despite all the shit games he's in

On track for a 43-48 million opening, perhaps higher

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-box-office-forecast-sonic-the-hedgehog-tracking-for-possible-breakout-blumhouses-fantasy-island-the-photograph-aim-to-leverage-double-holiday-frame/

Sonic the Hedgehog ($43 – 48 million three-day / $50 – 60 million four-day)

I'd agree it was better than expected and for me was superior to Detective Pikachu. A lovely surprise and the end credits are really cool too. Although Jim Carey was good enough in the role I must confess I'm not a fan of his and I once again a lot of it was just Jim Carey being Jim Carey and mugging to the camera like he does in practically every major film of his career. 

On 14/02/2020 at 15:55, Lothar Hex said:

Dumb thing that is a spoiler:

Hide contents

Doesn’t really give must justification for Sonic being on Earth apart from“An Owl told him he had to because vague yet tangible danger.” We never really get much.

I hope it was Steve Owl:

04.jpg