IGNORED

Sonic The Hedgehog (Live Action) Nov 2019

NEG

32 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

I reckon we get a Kong vs Godzilla situation in this too. Sonic and Knuckles fight but they come together to fight Metal Sonic at the end.

I can see the story a mile off: Robotnik encounters knuckles on that planet he got stranded on at the end of the first film. Spins him a tale of sonic being this evil menace who is a danger to the galaxy, convinces knuckles to stop him. Knuckles eventually realises he’s being duped and teams up with sonic to defeat Robotnik. The end. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I can see the story a mile off: Robotnik encounters knuckles on that planet he got stranded on at the end of the first film. Spins him a tale of sonic being this evil menace who is a danger to the galaxy, convinces knuckles to stop him. Knuckles eventually realises he’s being duped and teams up with sonic to defeat Robotnik. The end. 

That's pretty much the story from the games isn't it, so makes sense. I'm convinced were getting Super Sonic and Metal Sonic in this too.

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

its a tale as old as time but it works for kids who will be seeing this trope for the first time. 

They’re clearly letting rip with this one. Less reality and more OTT sonic action

They can fire out as many of these movies and expand the SMU (Sonic Movie Universe) TM as much as they want provided they keep the quality and production values at the benchmark they set with the first movie. I've watching it fuck knows how many times now, even when my boy isn't there, as its just such an easy watch and great fun. It also absolutely nails the ending with Sonic and his 'moment' so there are clearly a lot of people involved that know what they are doing... after that they sorted out that visual catastrophe around the original trailer of course :lol:

My only hope is they aren't too eager to hit Super Sonic territory in this movie and then make it difficult to build on threats after that. As much as I would love to see it and it would send my boy off his nut its too soon :) Knuckles though looks and sounds fucking perfect though. Superb first trailer and set-up given how full of swagger Sonic is! Now please!!

4 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

The games have a story? 

They sure do! And quite intricate ones, too:

Sonic 1: Robotnik wants the Chaos Emeralds, an immense source of energy!

Sonic 2: Robotnik wants the Chaos Emeralds, an immense source of energy, in order to power his bootleg Death Star!

Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Robotnik wants the Master Emerald, an immense source of energy, in order to power his bootleg Death Star (again)!

Sonic CD: Robotnik wants the Time Stones, in order to time travel!

Sonic Spinball: Robotnik builds a giant pinball machine, for some reason!

Sonic Adventure: Robotnik wants to control a monster called Chaos!

Sonic Adventure 2: Robotnik wants to control a monster called Shadow!

[Some other games happen; I dunno what they're about]

Sonic Generations: Robotnik travels back in time to change the outcome of the previous games!

Sonic Mania: Robotnik wants the Phantom Ruby, an immense source of power!

In between these events, Sonic goes racing, and competes in the Olympics a few times.

• 5 months later...