rllmuk
NEG

Sonic The Hedgehog (Live Action) Nov 2019

I like how Chris Pratt and Paul Rudd were considered for both Sonic and his human buddy.

Such range.

33 minutes ago, Sabreman said:

The cinema queues will be significantly more disturbing than any of these images.

If we’re lucky they’ll at least wait until they’re in the cinema.

2 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

652so0bx20421.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Patrick Wilson?

Proportions wise that doesn't actually look too bad. So it must mean they changed it from pre-production to the long legged,muscled monstrocity we are seeing now.

Also why are his arms blue?

41ff3e0b544dd6f7d6640ab9d9e65c2a8af92a89

Ahhh...Sonic Boom :/

Also kinda funny that 'modern' sonic is twenty years old whereas 'classic' was only around for seven :lol:

6 hours ago, Down by Law said:

Patrick Wilson?

Proportions wise that doesn't actually look too bad. So it must mean they changed it from pre-production to the long legged,muscled monstrocity we are seeing now.

Also why are his arms blue?

Chris Pratt, from the top of their "who we want for the human lead" list. Presumably the whole thing is a mock-up they were using when they were trying to get financing, so that design of Sonic probably isn't in the movie either. (I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit of fanart they'd lifted, if it's just from the pitch.)

4 hours ago, Death's Head said:

1428258990_STC17-sonicthehuman.thumb.jpg.b7df6c374dba33fdc105796b69735ad0.jpg

:blink:

Sad fact : I remember being annoyed as a kid as this issue took four weeks to come out. It was supposed to be fortnightly. 

Well, now we know why: Biff Tannen stole the galleys and took them to our present to create this movie for some god damn reason. And they had to start over on that issue.

6 hours ago, Death's Head said:

1428258990_STC17-sonicthehuman.thumb.jpg.b7df6c374dba33fdc105796b69735ad0.jpg

:blink:

That story (along with the comic's Streets of Rage strip) was written by Mark Millar, subsequently of Ultimate X-Men/Wanted/Kick-Ass/Kingsman fame.  His stories were not a high point either of the comic (his stuff mostly appeared before the comic got genuinely properly good) or, needless to say, of his career.

Edit: My mistake - I've just checked a fan wiki and although he did a lot of the issues around that time, hat particular one wasn't one of his!

"Well, it could have been worse!" 

- Sonic fans, every year 1996-2005, 2007-2019

• Upvote 7

On our website right now, the text from the now deleted HCI page that accompanied the above images that indicates a four-tiered direction for Sonic going forward: Classic, Modern, Movie, and Animation.

The year is 2050, there are now dozens of Sonics replicating exponentially, none of them good.

• Upvote 4

"This is a Sonic movie"

"When I see this sonic's whole body visual, I feel that it is important to have round head and head. You probably could not have balanced a little more."

"Does the marketing company inadvertently leak out the shocking appearance of the live-action version "Sonic the Movie"?"

Amazing how much better* it is with just those eyes. Says it all about how hilariously incompetent this movie is being handled.

*Less terrible

• Upvote 1

Holy shit that is terrifying

Looks like a horny sonic furry.

At least they know their target. Detective Pikachu is going to murder this film.