IGNORED

Steam Secret Santa 2016

JPR

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VN1X said:

Ooooh my giftee has some good games to choose from on their wishlist. Perhaps a bit on the expensive side of things but I will work something out. Huehuehue. 

I don't think you need to buy from their wishlist. Certainly not exclusively anyway.

14 minutes ago, deKay said:

I don't think you need to buy from their wishlist. Certainly not exclusively anyway.

I'd rather go by wishlist to be honest. It's a win-win really. The person gets what they want and you don't have to go through the thirty other platforms (360, uplay, gog, origin, ps4, etc) to make sure you aren't buying a game they already own. Fuck that. :P

My giftee has a pretty short wishlist so I would look at their recently played tab... although that's empty so they obviously don't use Steam that much :lol: At least some "recent activity" shows on the main profile page so I'll probably figure something out between the wishlist, the activity, and any potential surprises I can add. :) 

My giftee already owns Undertale and has a good taste in games in general, quite surprising!

Their wishlist is short, but predictable in a 'what kids play these days' sense.

They do not own Sonic3&K yet...

This'll be fun. :)

I will always look to a person's wishlist in the first instance - after all, if they've done the Steam Secret Santa dance before they'll have hopefully pruned their wishlist to the things they'd be happy to receive (or is that just me?) I'll then have a look at what they own (and have actually put some playtime into) to see if there are similar things I could take a punt on.

I have mine and they have quite a few options on their wishlist. There is one or 2 games I've set my sights on for them off their list ^_^ But I'm going to use their history to pick some other games they may never have played / tried. It's what I would want from whoever has me. Games that you simply wouldn't have thought of or don't realise exist (not everyone can sit trawling through these queue's they put on steam ^_^ )

Anyways should be fun considering the allotted time to choose for them being so short :D Think I will have to set aside an hour or some point to decide what to buy them ^_^ 

The only problem with basing it wholly on their gaming history is they may have chosen to play games on consoles instead or just not had time to play the current games they have. 

This is my first year. I think I'll be going off what they've played most of, hopefully I've played similar games so I can find something decent they haven't played.

Whoever has me, my son uses my account so disregard the hundreds of hours spent playing Lego games please.

14 hours ago, clippa said:

Aw, that's a shame you didn't care for assault android cactus. Try playing as starch, she's fab "pineapple!", keep your chain going and go for the "S+" rank. Endless mode is great fun.

I like it but also don't really understand why it gets the reception it does. It seems like a solid twin-stick shooter with an emphasis on aggression if you want to go for S+, but I've heard a lot of people suggesting it's incredible so maybe I'm missing something :)

Looking forward to the sale to buy my victi...sorry person lots of cool stuff.

My wishlist is just a few odds and sods I'm interested in but not of any real significance so surpise me. Also actually had a look at the playtime thing, seems to be missing huge chunks of games I've gone through. Maybe pre or non steam or other clients I suppose.

Anyway, can't wait to begin the festivities with you all. :)

13 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

I like it but also don't really understand why it gets the reception it does. It seems like a solid twin-stick shooter with an emphasis on aggression if you want to go for S+, but I've heard a lot of people suggesting it's incredible so maybe I'm missing something :)

No, I've found it the same. It's fun and all, but it's no better than a hundred other twin stick shooters.