IGNORED

The Last of Us Part 2 - Now updated for PS5 for at 60fps

Uzi

4 hours ago, David Kenny said:

Positive change in society has never come from amplifying regressive voices. I mean look at the world. We're going backwards, and the reason is that hateful bigots are able to present themselves as the "silent" majority. You've got @sid in this very thread trying to present a few disgusting no-mark bigots on youtube as a "shit-storm". It's not worth the time to engage, and engaging doesn't work. These people are already lost, we can't save them, we just have to try and make sure they don't infect anybody else.

Positive change in society has only come from standing up to shitty ideas, practices and beliefs. Saying that "these people are already lost" is a very weird thing to say in my opinion and I don't believe that anyone who has brought change and sacrificed his time or life to do so has actually ever thought like that.

You don't engage to change a specific person, that is almost impossible. You engage what they stand for and, slowly, in time, you shift the cultural belief towards something more healthy. Locking them up in a dungeon will never bring any meaningful results.

29 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

I’ve tried but I can’t work it out . Can someone explain to me how captain marvel is pushing a feminist agenda when captain marvel is a woman In the source material ?

Is it not like getting the hump over a woman playing Katniss Everdeen? 

It’s entirely about the woman they chose to play her. She’s pretty outspoken about how few shits she gives about the opinions of men on how representing women in media should be handled.

1 minute ago, Talk Show Host said:

Positive change in society has only come from standing up to shitty ideas, practices and beliefs. Saying that "these people are already lost" is a very weird thing to say in my opinion and I don't believe that anyone who has brought change and sacrificed his time or life to do it actually thought like that. 

Aren’t you pretty right wing though? You seem very keen to see the good in and educate bigoted idiots. Why is that?

33 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

I’ve tried but I can’t work it out . Can someone explain to me how captain marvel is pushing a feminist agenda when captain marvel is a woman In the source material ?

Is it not like getting the hump over a woman playing Katniss Everdeen? 

If it was a man in drag it would certainly have made the film considerably more appealing to me, that’s for sure.

2 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

Positive change in society has only come from standing up to shitty ideas, practices and beliefs. Saying that "these people are already lost" is a very weird thing to say in my opinion and I don't believe that anyone who has brought change and sacrificed his time or life to do it actually thought like that. 

agree fully with that. This is a process of education not preaching from a great height. Or you just repell them and they don’t listen. And I guess that includes me to some extent although I am certainly not a bigot ffs. Just that men hating is not how you address this in my opinion.

seems that there are some on here that just want to pigeon hole people into a box ....be that left leaning or alt right nutter.

Regardless of what you all might think i am not against any lbgt or feminist voice and actively encourage it. just there should be a balance to it all.

as for those game,  I loved the original game and hope for a repeat.

/done

I love how this has gone from the nebulous ‘LGBT’ tag to now the even more nebulous all women and feminism. 

I mean @sid really, if you’re trying to prove people are wrong about you you’re doing a grand job there.

And superheroes, whoever would have thought we’d end up there. 

And if there is a feminist ‘agenda’ then it’s one we all should be pushing, because it’s been too far the other way for too long. 

That’s like the third time you’ve agreed with a random thing, declared that you’re definitely not a bigot you just say bigoted things sometimes, then declared the conversation finished. Yet here we are, still listening to your drivel.

1 hour ago, sid said:

can we stop with the sniping comments about what you think my views might be please.

I watched titanic very recently with my daughters. It is a love story featuring a strong female characters much like Cameron’s other spectacular films....it was fantastic.

It didn’t feel the need to show men as weak, it didn’t feel like a box ticking exercise to appeal to every unrepresented member of society. It was just a superb film.

Sometimes I think that is missing from modern media and they try to hard to push feminism , lbgt, whatever..... at the expense of a good story.

anyway fingers crossed naughty dog have got it spot on as they did in the previous game and the dlc.

So if the love story in TLoU2 was still the centre (and still LGBT) but didnt show men as weak, are you saying that wouldnt be an issue?  Are you saying that you think that in some way TLoU2 is going to show men as weak?  Because this is the first time you've mentioned that as an aspect.  Bear in mind previously you said that "LGBT as the focus of the story, not just happening as part of the bigger story" was an issue.  Dont be surprised that people think you dont want to see them if you say things like that.

2 minutes ago, sid said:

agree fully with that. This is a process of education not preaching from a great height. Or you just repell them and they don’t listen. And I guess that includes me to some extent although I am certainly not a bigot ffs. Just that men hating is not how you address this in my opinion.

seems that there are some on here that just want to pigeon hole people into a box ....be that left leaning or alt right nutter.

Regardless of what you all might think i am not against any lbgt or feminist voice and actively encourage it. just there should be a balance to it all.

/done

Yeah, who’d want to be pigeon holed as a left leaning liberal who prefers inclusiveness and understanding. 

The only people being labelled alt right nutters are, alt right nutters, funny that. 

6 minutes ago, sid said:

/done

The balance is that out of 20 films, only 1 has a female lead in the MCU.  Well, 1 and half if you count Wasp.  Yet in Endgame they throw in a small scene that references exactly that by having the women all on screen in one shot together, and you take issue with that (note they're "backing up" the one that has her own film!).  How is that balanced?  Shouldnt you be encouraging that?  It doesnt harm the story or attack men, it's literally just a quick shot with them all together.

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

[...] Note they're "backing up" the one that has her It doesnt harm the story or attack men, it's literally just a quick shot with them all together.

That one wasn't "harmful" to men, it was just condescending tripe. It's clear that @sid is supportive of women in movies and stuff.

3 minutes ago, sid said:

Wasp was a great film

im referencing one girls-assemble thing , which was weird I mean why would that happen , was just odd  

Did you think it was odd when scenes were male only?

I did ask that earlier, but naturally, you ignored it.

16 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

Did you think it was odd when scenes were male only?

I did ask that earlier, but naturally, you ignored it.

no of course not as I said earlier there should be some balance to this somewhere

This has massively derailed from a last of us 2 discussion and for that I am sorry.

June can’t come soon enough...

Sid how do you feel about movies with black people in them? Are you in favour of that? Or is it a problem if black people become too extreme of a focus? What about busses and golf courses with black people on them? 

4 minutes ago, Broker said:

Sid how do you feel about movies with black people in them? Are you in favour of that? Or is it a problem if black people become too extreme of a focus? What about busses and golf courses with black people on them? 

you have crossed a line there wtf

Just now, sid said:

Oh shit it’s what happened with neg. Call them a sexist and it’s fine, but the second you say they’re a racist bang, they get all offended. Of course I’m not a racist! Don’t you know that some men are black?

1 minute ago, sid said:

Dude, you posted a video in which the presenter complained about the strong black female character in Uncharted Lost Legacy, basically for being a strong black female character. What did you expect? 

6 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

So to clarify: -

- All men on screen is fine

- All women on screen is condescending tripe

Got it.

I said of course not ie not fine

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Dude, you posted a video in which the presenter complained about the strong black female character in Uncharted Lost Legacy, basically for being a strong black female character. What did you expect? 

I also said I don’t agree with all that was said wtf

Jesus Christ

1 minute ago, sid said:

I said of course not ie not fine

I asked "did you find it weird when it was all men on screen".

You responded with "of course not"

But okay then, you don't like it when it's all men on screen either. Why is it the female only scene that you pick out as "condescending tripe" alongside your list of films where the feminist "agenda" is being pushed?

1 minute ago, sid said:

I also said I don’t agree with all that was said wtf

Jesus Christ

Oh well that’s ok then, we’ll just work out for ourselves the bits you agree or don’t agree with. 

24 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

So to clarify: -

- All men on screen is fine

- All women on screen is condescending tripe

Got it.

I can't believe that there are people in the world who actually think like this...

unnamed.jpg