Jump to content
rllmuk
Uzi

The Last of Us Part 2

Recommended Posts

Amazing game the first. I've best it 3 times on increasingly hard difficulty levels. So many ways to play it. Depth that many don't appreciate, and instead choose to focus on a few issues it has.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I only played through on normal originally so going to step it up for the second go through.  Looking forward to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game comes alive in Survivor, there's no listen mode and ammo/supplies are super rare, finding the shiv doors becomes absolutely essential. Every fight is tense, scrappy and messy, just as you'd expect between increasingly desperate people.

 

I think I finished my first survivor run with an accuracy of 76% with firearms !

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Down by Law said:

The game comes alive in Survivor, there's no listen mode and ammo/supplied are super rare, finding the shiv doors becomes absolutely essential.

 

I think I finished my first survivor run with an accuracy of 76% with firearms !

 

Is that the hardest level? I’ve was playing through on that until I got stuck in that bit with the trucks in water and you have to get petrol out of one of them.

 

Must’ve tried it hundreds of times,  but from my age-point I have 2 bullets, so unless I get some lucky drops from anything I’m lucky enough to kill it’s bloody impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grounded is the hardest, but it's so tough it gets detrimental to enjoyment. There's no HUD, you can't upgrade weapons and a single clean punch can kill you.

 

I don't remember that bit, isn't that in the Left Behind DLC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2018 at 15:53, Down by Law said:

Grounded is the hardest, but it's so tough it gets detrimental to enjoyment. There's no HUD, you can't upgrade weapons and a single clean punch can kill you.

 

I don't remember that bit, isn't that in the Left Behind DLC?

 

Oh yes, it’s Grounded I’m playing (not playing) through on.

 

It’s in the main game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never got round to the DLC (terrible i know) which is supposed to be fantastic. I bought the remastered version when I got my original ps4 but still not played it. Time is a coming soon. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completed Grounded, and several of the sections were completed by the skin of my teeth after multiple attempts, and purely by chance rather than by skill or design. It really is the absolute limit of what could be considered acceptable difficulty.

 

It is also the true way to play TLOU, as it really drives home the desperate struggle to survive that the characters are going through.

 

One of my defining memories of playing this game is the feeling of having to pass up a shiv door, the contents of which was sorely needed and would have made life so much easier, just because I didn't have the means to create a shiv to open it. Walking by and going hungry was awful.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing TLOU for the first time ever tonight. Grabbed a copy from a colleague and nabbing my son's PS3 for the weekend. A bit late, but I'm looking forward to it!

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will take a bit of time for the stealth mechanics to click, and a few hours of play for the story to really put its hooks in you, but wow, if ever patience paid off it's here.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2018 at 14:08, Majora said:

 

If you're not part of the LGBT community then perhaps it's something you would take less notice of. For example I remember seeing an outpouring of genuine happiness from the LGBT community online with the San Junipero episode of Black Mirror precisely because happy endings for lesbian (and indeed, gay) couples are actually pretty uncommon in fiction. I mean, putting aside the deeper implications of that particular episode and taking it entirely at face value, if you see a minority community celebrating the rarity of a story where a gay couple gets to enjoy a happy ending, then it's fair to say that they have become used to seeing quite the opposite, particularly in TV/movies that are not explicitly LGBT focused.

 

Obviously I'm not suggesting that depictions of all LGBT relationships should end happily, but I will probably roll my eyes a little if, after watching her friend/first love die next to her in Left Behind, the death of this character is a driving force in the sequel.

 

I'd like more dynamic narratives for this kind of game. The fate of the characters should depend (perhaps mostly) on the actions of the player.

 

They've nailed the graphics and realism, the voice acting, the motion capture... There needs to be more interaction with stories, in my opinion. This also promotes repeated play.

I'm kind of hopelessly hoping we see more dynamism in the crossing of scenarios on the New RE2. Leon's choices should affect Claire's run and vice versa. It was touched upon ever so slightly on the original game and that was over twenty years ago now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a really nice interview - well worth listening to all the way through. She talks about Last of Us Parts 1 and 2, and even appears to say it's coming out in February until she is interrupted.

 

Plus five years in the making. Fucking hell. Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2018 at 09:53, Purin said:

Playing TLOU for the first time ever tonight. Grabbed a copy from a colleague and nabbing my son's PS3 for the weekend. A bit late, but I'm looking forward to it!

 

I’m genuinely jealous. Take your time. Don’t rush. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2018 at 09:28, Down by Law said:

The game comes alive in Survivor, there's no listen mode and ammo/supplies are super rare, finding the shiv doors becomes absolutely essential. Every fight is tense, scrappy and messy, just as you'd expect between increasingly desperate people.

 

I think I finished my first survivor run with an accuracy of 76% with firearms !

 

On 26/07/2018 at 10:53, Down by Law said:

Grounded is the hardest, but it's so tough it gets detrimental to enjoyment. There's no HUD, you can't upgrade weapons and a single clean punch can kill you.

 

I don't remember that bit, isn't that in the Left Behind DLC?

 

On 27/07/2018 at 02:53, mansizerooster said:

I completed Grounded, and several of the sections were completed by the skin of my teeth after multiple attempts, and purely by chance rather than by skill or design. It really is the absolute limit of what could be considered acceptable difficulty.

 

It is also the true way to play TLOU, as it really drives home the desperate struggle to survive that the characters are going through.

 

One of my defining memories of playing this game is the feeling of having to pass up a shiv door, the contents of which was sorely needed and would have made life so much easier, just because I didn't have the means to create a shiv to open it. Walking by and going hungry was awful.

 

Ok, I’m going to have to recomplete this on Grounded again. Terrifying. Stressful. Perfect 

 

I will literally fight any forum cunts who say this game is all story and no gameplay. Get out

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to go dark :ph34r:

 

(Although I do hope this trailer/footage isn't quite as gratuitously grisly as what we've had before. I could do without seeing children having their arms broken or watching people being slowly decapitated, thanks.

 

Though I suppose if I'm going dark then I won't be seeing it anyway...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

"And it's available to download after this presentation".

 

Said nobody at Naughty Dog. :(

 

:lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2019 at 06:49, Jamie John said:

Time to go dark :ph34r:

 

(Although I do hope this trailer/footage isn't quite as gratuitously grisly as what we've had before. I could do without seeing children having their arms broken or watching people being slowly decapitated, thanks.

 

Though I suppose if I'm going dark then I won't be seeing it anyway...)

 

By contrast, I say bring that shit on. I want hard-hitting, challenging content from this franchise.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.