rllmuk
Uzi

The Last of Us Part 2

Also, for people just starting playing it, stay the hell out of youtube no matter what. It is flooded with 'ending explained' videos and thumbnails full of spoilers.

• Upvote 1

Ordered the special edition for £60 on Amazon back in March and up to yesterday had a delivery date of latest 10pm Thursday. Checked the dispatched status throughout the day yesterday and it never got shipped. Knowing something was up, decided to buy a digital copy after work yesterday and got it downloading. Good job I did because now it has no delivery date and that it may be out of stock! Fuck Amazon!

Woke up at 5PM this morning and played a few hours. Very good so far, although had a few glitchy physics things going on in some of the early cutscenes which was weird. Have to go to work now (urgh) and after that have got this evening, the weekend...and Monday! (booked holiday for this game!)

So, so, pretty. 

A couple of hours in, and absolutely loving it. The combat seems way smoother than the original, and completely fucking brutal. 

Not sure what else will be able to compete for the “PS4 Swansong” title. They’ve done it again. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, catinthehat said:

So, so, pretty. 

A couple of hours in, and absolutely loving it. The combat seems way smoother than the original, and completely fucking brutal. 

Not sure what else will be able to compete for the “PS4 Swansong” title. They’ve done it again. 

Makes me wonder if Ghost of Tsushima will be forgotten.

13 minutes ago, skondo said:

Makes me wonder if Ghost of Tsushima will be forgotten.

To be honest it looks like a slightly different take on an AC game, so it’s not going to be a surprise if turns out to be an ok but quite generic game. Besides, I don’t think a direct comparison is warranted. Any game other than Zelda or Cyberpunk 2077 would probably be overshadowed if they released it so close to this.

It's stunning.

Played for (the in-game clock tells me) 1hr 46 minutes and I've been scared, I've laughed, I e gone "awww". 

It's just a shame that my Pro is so loud! My adult decision to cancel everything and go digital is being offset by the annoyance of whiny fans.

Only could manage a quick half hour before work beckons, and can only comment on the visuals so far...and yeah, it's a stunning achievement in terms of visuals that's for sure. It definitely feels it's pushing the hardware to its limits and as soon as I start playing properly, the headphones will be going on because it's certainly a little noisy.

I'd not be upset for a 60fps PS5 version though, that's for sure ;)  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Talk Show Host said:

Also, for people just starting playing it, stay the hell out of youtube no matter what. It is flooded with 'ending explained' videos and thumbnails full of spoilers.

I read the spoilers when they leaked and this morning I’ve already seen enough YouTube thumbnails to know it was never going to make any difference if I did or not.

My copy has just arrived. Won't be able to start until this evening unfortunately.

Had a hard time pulling myself away from this. The acting, writing, music, graphics, all top-notch. I really want to comb every nook and cranny. As for the gameplay, the "TLoU has crap gameplay" can do one. It's weighty and fluid, it has that scrappy feel of on the fly improvisation that I love and the dodge is a great new addition. It's AAA at its best basically.

But yeah, I think I'll switch to headphones as it sounds my Pro can take-off any minute now.

• Upvote 4

Played for about an hour and a half so far. Graphics and sound are stunning! It’s so tense when played with headphones. Got some life admin to do now but then I’ll be back on for the rest of the evening. 

Is this game any good or just a bunch of woke bullshit? :D

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Do we need a separate spoilers thread?  I want to talk about things I've seen so far, but no way I'm risking putting them in here.

Just now, catinthehat said:

Do we need a separate spoilers thread?  I want to talk about things I've see so far, but no way I'm risking putting them in here.

Taking this as my warning and I will never again visit this thread. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

But yeah, I think I'll switch to headphones as it sounds my Pro can take-off any minute now.

The benefit of being able to play it during the day is I can turn the soundbar up that little bit louder to drown out the console...and the shitty podcast the wife is listening too while she WFH.

I cannot wait to bin my Pro and play this on something that doesn’t sound like Leatherface at the end of Texas Chainsaw Massacre every time I’m playing a game.

• Upvote 2

It came!  Installing now, will try and grab a slice during lunch, then the interminable wait until the end of the afternoon before I can really sink in.  Going dark until then, see you folks in a bit!

6 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

The setup options on start-up has a UK English variant for text language. That's impressive.

I hope that means they swap all the regional US voice acting for regional UK voice acting. Ayrshire Joel and Brummie Ellie.

37 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Where’s the bloody postman!

154013A4-3C1E-4C74-8DCE-42A3B3FBD681.gif

Postman just walked on by without my copy :( GUTTED

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2

I’ve got a suspicion my copy was lost in the post. It was out for delivery at 7am  by Royal Mail and hasn’t arrived yet. Do Royal Mail actually deliver until 8pm as Amazon seem to state?

53 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Do we need a separate spoilers thread?  I want to talk about things I've seen so far, but no way I'm risking putting them in here.

Yes, yes we do.

I need a minute and a strong cup of tea...

• Empathy 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

I’ve got a suspicion my copy was lost in the post. It was out for delivery at 7am  by Royal Mail and hasn’t arrived yet. Do Royal Mail actually deliver until 8pm as Amazon seem to state?

Don't Amazon use their own logistics team? I've not had anything from Amazon arrive through Royal Mail for ages.