IGNORED

WipEout Omega Collection - VR Update out now

TheSlugFormerlyKnownAsNap

Just now, Simmy said:

I'm finding this really difficult - is that normal? In the 2048 edition, apart from the 1st race, I'm coming in no better than 5th. Any tips? Seems really hard to catch up to the others.

I'm used to Mario Kart so go easy on me :)

2048 has quite the difficulty curve and unlocks vehicles timidly so you have to return with better vehicles later on. You may be better off working through the HD seasons first on novice: more vehicles and a lower bar to reach. That said, HD's tracks are a bit more claustrophobic if you're used to 2048's wide tracks. Also 2048 is a bit more Mario Kart-ish in that shortcuts are more present and powerful than in HD/Fury. So scouting around the tracks in 2048 for optimal routes in Speed Lap may help you as well.

1 hour ago, PeteBrant said:

3D audio as enabled by the platinum headset , Uncharted uses it - Basically puts you in a 3D space, as opposed to a 2D space as 7.1 does.

If you've got PSVR try plugging headphones into the VR headphone jack - it seems to run any 5.1/7.1 audio source through the VR's spacial audio doohickey. I've not tried it on Wipeout yet but it seems to work well with other non-VR titles. 

3 minutes ago, Simmy said:

What's the best way to take the sharp corners? Should I be breaking?

Some of the corners just seem too sharp to be able to pass through unscathed!

What Mike mentioned. The vehicles are more 'drifty', so turn in earlier and use its momentum to place yourself in the correct direction. Zone is very good to learn as you'll slowly but surely ramp up speed. If it's really a problem turn on pilot assist to get a feel for how the vehicles behave and turn it off once walls have lost their magnetic personality. ;)

Just now, Danster said:

Some turns you can just use the air-brakes and nothing else to turn.

@Strangelite do you know why @Theholyhogg can see my times on their friend's list, but I can't see them on mine? Bit of an odd bug that I only noticed because THH posted up some leaderboards with me on them, but I couldn't see them on mine.

Yeah, we saw people chatting about that this morning - Something we're looking into.. it's not the game that's doing this incorrectly, it's handled server side.

Our best advice is to log out of PSN and then log back in again... (yes, I know I'm verging on IT crowd type support here)

3 hours ago, Strangelite said:

Obviously we're all super happy about this! Very nice thing to read on a Monday morning :)

I popped into Sainsbury's before it closed on Friday thinking I could just easily grab a copy. Turns out they'd had loads of people in asking about it and they were sold out.......UNTIL one of the guys found one last copy in the wrong place in their drawer-of-games. It was a real emotional rollercoaster.

2 hours ago, Simmy said:

I'm finding this really difficult - is that normal? In the 2048 edition, apart from the 1st race, I'm coming in no better than 5th. Any tips? Seems really hard to catch up to the others.

I'm used to Mario Kart so go easy on me :)

This might sound daft, but stop trying to drive it like a car. It isn't a car. Once you get the hang of how they handle, you'll get what I mean. It's hard to describe.

14 minutes ago, Strangelite said:

Yeah, we saw people chatting about that this morning - Something we're looking into.. it's not the game that's doing this incorrectly, it's handled server side.

Our best advice is to log out of PSN and then log back in again... (yes, I know I'm verging on IT crowd type support here)

Just tried this, as I am *cough*working from home, no joy on my end.

Other people who I recognise are missing from my leaderboards are @PeteBrant and @U-1, who should be there, as they've been on my friend lists for quite some time.

Just now, Danster said:

Just tried this, as I am *cough*working from home, no joy on my end.

Other people who I recognise are missing from my leaderboards are @PeteBrant and @U-1, who should be there, as they've been on my friend lists for quite some time.

Yeah this is odd - I've just checked on my phone and we are definitely friends. I did the 2048 championship and then over to HD after 2049 was killing me.

39 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

The other thing is, where there are turbo pads before a bend, to be mindful of which way you're facing when you go over them. You can make corners easier if you're being shunted in the right way.

It sounds really obvious but the pads are laid out in a way that demands you're on a good racing line, so aiming for them will ultimately help get in a better position to take sharp corners well ie from the outside.

52 minutes ago, Simmy said:

What's the best way to take the sharp corners? Should I be breaking?

Some of the corners just seem too sharp to be able to pass through unscathed!

Posted this a few pages back but this and the other videos on his channel will really help:

32 minutes ago, freezycold said:

I popped into Sainsbury's before it closed on Friday thinking I could just easily grab a copy. Turns out they'd had loads of people in asking about it and they were sold out.......UNTIL one of the guys found one last copy in the wrong place in their drawer-of-games. It was a real emotional rollercoaster.

Funnily enough, I went into my local Tesco to take my obligatory "Look mum! I did a thing!" photo of the game on the shelf, and they'd sold out... So I couldn't send her photographic proof it's not all been a total waste of time. :(

Mixed emotions, as you say... :)

1 minute ago, Strangelite said:

Funnily enough, I went into my local Tesco to take my obligatory "Look mum! I did a thing!" photo of the game on the shelf, and they'd sold out... So I couldn't send her photographic proof it's not all been a total waste of time. :(

Mixed emotions, as you say... :)

I heard it's the first wipeout game to ever hit number 1 in the chart though, right? Amazing achievement!

Spent yesterday reacclimatising to the game, then tonight went straight for the tough nut to crack, Beat Zico (HD).

Best I could manage was 31.11 - it 's about 3 tenths off. I need to consistently land the tricky barrel roll onto the flyover at the end of the lap to make the difference. So it seems the trophies have got me by the short and curlies already ><

I did this one originally back in the days before Fury was released, so can anyone confirm if the Fury skin for the Piranha is valid for the challenge? Top speed remains the same but it has slightly higher handling stats, so I'm not sure.

One positive, one of my most frustrating experiences was getting elite gold on all the tracks (forward/reverse) on phantom, and it seems that trophy has gone. Also the Zone Zeus trophy has been replaced as you only need Zone 65, not 70 (plus the wider selection of tracks in the whole package will surely make it far easier). Some relief then.

P.S. anyone with space on their friend list, my PSN is Darwock - would love to get in on the time trial fun.

Mmm, Corridon 12 ? Was that a Zone map in the original HD ? Can't remember it at all. 

Just 'unlocked' SOL in the 2050 campaign and wow... it's so, so pretty. 

My PSN is BebopTopcat, feel free to add. 

44 minutes ago, Danster said:

Huh, just had a tied race which was pretty mad, so thought I'd load up the last lap to Youtube and it came out really badly, totally grainy. :( Have deleted it now.

Still recording at 720p?

They should patch that...