Forza Motorsport 7 - join the weekly time trial!

Yoshimax

A relatively lacklustre 2:20 from me on my first attempt. Lots of room for improvement. I reckon I’ve got a 2:15 in me without much more work, if I just keep it clean. 

What a glorious machine though!

multiClunk - 2:14.405

Lovely car and the full Suzuka course flows so much better than those two previous iterations. Still waaay behind @SnoopZakaDaVe and I'll deffo never catch him but I reckon there's time to be shaved off my 2.14, just gotta put those laps in and get it all right on one of them.

cheers for taking the time to organize again @Boozy The Clown

TX200 - 2:13.719

I've always ran with braking line, ABS, traction and stability control on,  but I've attempted these challenges with braking line only.

I'm trying to teach myself to be more fluid round the track, rather than chuck it into a corner and fight spinning out.

It's a lot of fun trying for that balance of speed versus smoothness.

@Jonny5

Boozy made a guide on page 27, just substitute the car and track. I can't remember if you can rent cars in this? If not then yes you'll have to buy it.

M Speech - 2:11:530

Just did a few laps and got up to speed quite nicely after the last two weeks.  I can see myself putting in some time over the next week trying to shave some more tenths off.

15 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Who would be interested in a Suzuka race on Sunday night around 9 or 10pm ?

20 laps in the M1 ?

I'm interested, but that's a bit too late for me unfortunately. :(

I had a poke around last night and couldn't afford the M1 Procar.  I found some video on Youtube about earning mega credits quickly and went to try it but it requires a car which is part of the £15 VIP package, so I just cracked on with the single player.

I have enough to buy it now, but I'll probably wait for the next challenge instead now. :)

5 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

I had a poke around last night and couldn't afford the M1 Procar.  I found some video on Youtube about earning mega credits quickly and went to try it but it requires a car which is part of the £15 VIP package, so I just cracked on with the single player.

I have enough to buy it now, but I'll probably wait for the next challenge instead now. :)

Credits shouldn't be hard to come across the game throws them around as if they're going out of fashion. Also not sure if it's still a thing but downloading forza hub should get you some credits, but can't remember the criteria for receiving them I think once a month then some extra based on if you played older games.

Put in 10-15 laps just now and got a 2:07.338. Haven't been able to nail the whole course in one lap 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, TehStu said:

I can't remember if I've bought dlc, I'll need to look it up. But does this mean it's leaving game pass? I don't understand the token thing.

From their website:

For any Xbox Game Pass players who previously purchased DLC for the game, but not the game itself, we have good news! You will receive a token for the game through the Xbox Message Center so that you can continue playing Forza Motorsport 7. Token distribution will be through August 2. However, if after that date you have not received your token, please contact Xbox Support here. (Unused tokens will expire on September 15, 2023.)

5 hours ago, TehStu said:

I can't remember if I've bought dlc, I'll need to look it up. But does this mean it's leaving game pass? I don't understand the token thing.

If they can't sell it, it has to leave Game Pass.

What they're doing here is making sure that if you bought DLC, you can still play it by also giving you a copy of the main game while they're still allowed to.

8 hours ago, Dudley said:

If they can't sell it, it has to leave Game Pass.

What they're doing here is making sure that if you bought DLC, you can still play it by also giving you a copy of the main game while they're still allowed to.

OK cheers, it wasn't clear to me if it was leaving Game Pass. I mean I read that bold message a couple of posts back and that's why I asked - why would I care about a token if it's on GP.

Anyway, I suppose I better grab a cheap car pack or something, to be able to keep it.

2 hours ago, TehStu said:

OK cheers, it wasn't clear to me if it was leaving Game Pass. I mean I read that bold message a couple of posts back and that's why I asked - why would I care about a token if it's on GP.

Anyway, I suppose I better grab a cheap car pack or something, to be able to keep it.

You had to have bought DLC before the announcement.

23 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Surprise!

Keep an eye on the 4 year window starting with a Forza's release.

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

Do you have a source for this? I just bought some DLC, and while the description did say FM7 would not be available to buy after September 15, it didn't say I didn't quality for a token as a GP subscriber (although it didn't mention GP at all). 

3 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Do you have a source for this? I just bought some DLC, and while the description did say FM7 would not be available to buy after September 15, it didn't say I didn't quality for a token as a GP subscriber (although it didn't mention GP at all). 

Shitty behavior, I'll be filing a refund for that DLC in a sec.

That detail is not:

- on the announcement itself

- in the FAQ linked from the announcement

- on the product page for DLC for a product to be delisted shortly