Forza Motorsport 7 - join the weekly time trial!

Yoshimax

17 hours ago, TehStu said:

OK cheers, it wasn't clear to me if it was leaving Game Pass. I mean I read that bold message a couple of posts back and that's why I asked - why would I care about a token if it's on GP.

Anyway, I suppose I better grab a cheap car pack or something, to be able to keep it.

Yeah they've slightly screwed the communication in a couple of places.  Which is surprising since a) This is literally 10th Forza game they've had to delist and b) It's really pretty simple as a concept.

• 1 month later...

The very least they can do is make the game free for the last 24 hours that it's available (or 99p or something).

I probably will buy it before it goes, I have with the others which I subsequently haven't bothered with!

It's £7.49  or £13.74 or £17.49

It's one of the best Xbox One gen games. Was doing 4K @60 before it was ever the norm. Has something like 700 cars and 120 tracks. It still looks glorious is one of the best handling games with a pad ever made.  I got hundreds of hours out of it and barely scratched the surface of many of the various modes and ways to play. 

there isn't much else to say....

RIP FM7 you were never loved by the masses but you'll be remembered by me as the pinnacle of a generation.

On 14/09/2021 at 21:41, Boozy The Clown said:

It's one of the best Xbox One gen games. Was doing 4K @60 before it was ever the norm. Has something like 700 cars and 120 tracks. It still looks glorious is one of the best handling games with a pad ever made.  I got hundreds of hours out of it and barely scratched the surface of many of the various modes and ways to play. 

I loved Forza 3 & 4 but since then the games have hardly made a ripple, can’t say I’ve heard/read much about F7 other than didn’t have a bit of a difficult launch on PC? I’m interested to see what F8 is like, on Series S especially.

Surprised there 8 is not ready yet. So at the moment you cannot buy a Forza Motorsport game?

7 was a big improvement over 6 IMHO and enjoyed it more. Especially as it brought 4K to the mix which was a huge achievement especially on the older Xbox hardware (X).

1 minute ago, MattyP said:

Surprised there 8 is not ready yet. So at the moment you cannot buy a Forza Motorsport game?

Correct, for the first time since about 2008, Gran Turismo is the best console near-sim.

3 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

I loved Forza 3 & 4 but since then the games have hardly made a ripple, can’t say I’ve heard/read much about F7 other than didn’t have a bit of a difficult launch on PC? I’m interested to see what F8 is like, on Series S especially.

3 was amazing! My favourite Forza game ever made. Still have it and a 360 to play it on (along with PGR4 which is my favourite arcade racer)

11 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Same.  None of the Bone ones had multi-class races, which was a shame.

I love playing as the slower class cars and causing havoc to the CPU faster cars by trying not to let them pass

6 minutes ago, MattyP said:

3 was amazing! My favourite Forza game ever made. Still have it and a 360 to play it on (along with PGR4 which is my favourite arcade racer)

I’ve got both of those and a 360 too, good times 😀.

29 minutes ago, MattyP said:

7 was a big improvement over 6 IMHO and enjoyed it more. Especially as it brought 4K to the mix which was a huge achievement especially on the older Xbox hardware (X).

It's weird. Big tent pole series for them but utterly neglected for so long in terms of a new release. I guess Horizon does better in sales terms. But my god 8 is gonna have to be pretty crazy to justify whatever Turn 10 have been up to for so long.

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

So can you not buy it digitally at all now? I wonder if this will make the physical version go up in value. 

Probably... it did with some of the older Forza Horizon games.  the 360 versions of Forza Horizon fetch good money these days in particular....

1 minute ago, thesnwmn said:

It's weird. Big tent pole series for them but utterly neglected for so long in terms of a new release. I guess Horizon does better in sales terms. But my god 8 is gonna have to be pretty crazy to justify whatever Turn 10 have been up to for so long.

Probably COVID related issues getting it out in the scheduled time...and licensing running out on the current game.. (think this was mentioned up-thread).

Just now, MattyP said:

Probably COVID related issues getting it out in the scheduled time...and licensing running out on the current game.. (think this was mentioned up-thread).

True. Covid probably has played it's part.

Both it and Halo missing Series release can be justified to some extent in that light but a shame for MS that basically their two tentpole series are basically missing in action at this time.

7 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

True. Covid probably has played it's part.

Both it and Halo missing Series release can be justified to some extent in that light but a shame for MS that basically their two tentpole series are basically missing in action at this time.

Wonder if they are saving 8 to up against GT7 next year.....

They spent 18 months on FM7 after release. The next one wasn't in development until very late 2019. 

It's a new physics engine to allow more than track based racing. I think FM8 will surprise us with an entirely new concept. They've already mentioned the idea of doing away with buying cars through in game credits and having the majority of cars available to the player from the beginning. I also think they have long term plans for it similar to Halo Infinite. I'm excited because it's the first FM in a long time that isn't a time constrained development.

53 minutes ago, Stanley said:

So can you not buy it digitally at all now? I wonder if this will make the physical version go up in value. 

No, as mentioned it's licence expiry, they can't sell it new physically or digitally.

But of course physical copies don't cease to exist (tbf, neither do digital ones).

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Probably... it did with some of the older Forza Horizon games.  the 360 versions of Forza Horizon fetch good money these days in particular....

FH2 is weirdly still available digitally on 360.

4 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

We got three releases of it on each of the last two generations.  It's hardly "utterly neglected for such a long time".

5 minutes ago, Death Adder said:

We got three releases of it on each of the last two generations.  It's hardly "utterly neglected for such a long time".

That's fair, and I for one don't think you need that many versions on a single generation (2 maybe with good constant support for a platform leading title/brand).

But it's been 4 years! I'd probably think less of it if Halo had made it out last year. But for all the pisstaking of MS for constant Gears, Halo and Forza games wer are yet to see any on their new platform (although obviously Halo 5 and FH5 are about to change that to some extent).

I think the rapid rate of release - we got a new Forza or Horizon every year for six years on the Bone is making the wait seem longer.  I'm certainly ready for a new one.

Right now I'm playing the 360 version of Horizon 2.  Already rinsed the Bone version.

Yeah, true.

I guess part of the problem is that as much as I'm keen to get a new next gen entry I've also struggled to get into a core Forza game properly since about 3 and similar with GT. I'd have said console sim racers were my favourite game type since the first GT but when they come out I dabble because whilst they look better, handle a little better, get very slightly better AI and all the other stuff they don't really feel "better" or much different.

When they try to move the formula we end up with gimmicks basically. All the card shit. The purity of the game gets lost a little.

So, I desperately want a new one but am happy to wait in the hope they can provide a proper compelling experience for those of us (like me) who aren't necessarily keen on the online side providing most of the fun.