IGNORED

Yakuza 0

Uzi

I'm still early in the game, chapter 3, but I'm really addicted to playing darts. Any tips for beating the guy who plies you with drinks? Anything you can take to counter the effect? Or do you just have to put up with the blurring. I've beat him twice in a row, but so far can't get past the third game.

24 minutes ago, Bazjam said:

I'm still early in the game, chapter 3, but I'm really addicted to playing darts. Any tips for beating the guy who plies you with drinks? Anything you can take to counter the effect? Or do you just have to put up with the blurring. I've beat him twice in a row, but so far can't get past the third game.

One of the shops sells a herbal supplement or something that drinkers are supposed to swear by. I haven't used it, but wondered why they were stocking it...

Edit: make sure you scroll up and down to see the entire stock!

43 minutes ago, smac said:

One of the shops sells a herbal supplement or something that drinkers are supposed to swear by. I haven't used it, but wondered why they were stocking it...

Edit: make sure you scroll up and down to see the entire stock!

Thanks, will give that a go.

6 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Is this sold out everywhere? Had an order with Amazon for a couple of weeks but they've pushed it back to end of February... I cancelled it then realised everywhere else had no stock either. Might just buy the digi version. 

Apparently there was more demand than expected and nowhere has copies. I'll have a look in GAME tomorrow to see if they have any in.

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

Beast style is the best. 

Yes! It's stupidly overpowered too - at least, at the point where I'm at towards the end of chapter 2. Two swings with a bike clears three hooligans in less than two seconds. Battle's over before it has even properly started :D It's like activating god mode!

On 10 February 2017 at 20:14, Bazjam said:

Thanks, will give that a go.

If you didn't find it, it's in Don Quijote's; called Legendary Drinker of RyuKyu. I still don't know if it's the one, but if I play darts, I'll let you know!

On 10/02/2017 at 23:18, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yes! It's stupidly overpowered too - at least, at the point where I'm at towards the end of chapter 2. Two swings with a bike clears three hooligans in less than two seconds. Battle's over before it has even properly started :D It's like activating god mode!

Problem is getting space to swing; when you have four goons with rapid-fire attacks in a small area, getting set up to pick up weapons is a pain.

Edit: But for

Miracle Johnson

, it's perfect!

Fucking hell, one of the Pocket Racer sub-stories.

Little girl tells Kiryu that if he beats her at Japanese scalextric she'll be his girlfriend. Kiryu obviously doesn't want this but his pride won't let him lose. Man overhears her referring to Kiryu as her boyfriend and threatens to call the police on the obvious looking nonce... but only if Kiryu loses to him at, you guessed it, pocket racing. Kiryu wins. Bloke reveals he's not just a concerned bystander but the little girl's father and he's resigned himself to a life of her getting molested by a glowering man mountain in a white suit just because he lost a child's racing game. Kiryu explains the situation and they all have a good laugh.

320swyu40407.gif

This game!

16 hours ago, Harsin said:

Fucking hell, one of the Pocket Racer sub-stories.

320swyu40407.gif

This game!

I would also like to use this gif as my reaction to the Pizza girl substory...

So it's a pretty funny story. Foreign woman who can't speak Japanese very well asks for a "bizza", Kiryu runs around town getting her a pizza, but it turns out she really needed a work visa! Hah! Except...

Kiryu had found her battered in an alley. She said that she tried to run away from sex work, so her pimp battered her and took her passport.

After you get her a pizza, the pimp comes along and confesses his love for her... says that he only kept her passport because he can't bear for her to leave, and he proposes marriage. She accepts, and agrees that she doesn't need a visa now her husband can take care of her. Then Kiryu, the girl, and the pimp enjoy the nice tasty pizza together. Happy ending to a funny story!

Hang on, how do you buy more properties in Ch 6?

I've been wandering around looking for new ones, but all I have are two restaurants. Half-a dozen managers and security bods from all the bloody side jobs have done (who knew that selling your underwear to perves on the street sets you up as a top-notch manager), but the properties are not bringing in near enough to afford to assign the more expensive ones.

26 minutes ago, cassidy said:

I'm on about a billion every 5 mins.  Yes I spent a lot of time on chapter 6

Well, moneybags, can you do me a solid and confirm when you get to buy more property/how?

Do you have to go through the beginning of the second day first, where

you get chased through the streets by the Yakuza, flee into the sewers, then encounter Kuze again? On the motorbike?

Because I was assuming that was going to be the end of Ch 6.