IGNORED

Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

Nespresso

Artistically it feels like a Mario game made by a completely different company. I don't know what I think, honestly. The music, the art, the stages ... they feel off. Inconsistent, even. I do like the new mechanics a lot, and how open everything seems. I just wish it felt a bit more Mushroom Kingdom in style, if not in place.

14 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

I mean, yeah, even that art Bojangle posted looks all over the place. If you'd showed me the trailers and asked me which company made which game, I'd have said Nintendo did Mario + Rabbids and Ubisoft did Odyssey.

Much as the game looks imaginative and a blast to play, I agree. The art style definitely feels off.

44 minutes ago, Fatsam said:

Designed principally for split joycon play too which is a nice surprise.

Although I'm sure you'll be able to have a mildly inferior experience using other available methods.

Oh, I dunno. Eurogamer had a go and they said it has waggle. I'm fine with the art style; the controls concern me.

I'll stick with the Pro Controller.

18 minutes ago, footle said:

"The art style seems off": you all remember the reaction to Sunshine then?

Yeah I do but Sunshine definitely didn't look as strangely off as this does. And it was still coherent internally whereas this seems to have no visual consistency even from level to level. 

Im no artist so it's hard to articulate what I find strange about the visuals but it isn't just limited to the city level. I mean look at that dinosaur and it looks like it belongs in a different game entirely. 

I think the game looks potentially amazing in every other aspect but compared to the gorgeous, coherent art style of Galaxy and the 3D World, this feels like a strange grab bag of styles, not all of them very nice. 

Yeah, we want re used assets and lazy sequels after all :hmm:

I think it looks odd, batshit mental in places and thats why I love it - imagine this in the middle of the Sony reel, I guess at least you would know when one jungle base leading to snowy mountain game had ended leading into the next one..

4 minutes ago, Majora said:

Yeah I do but Sunshine definitely didn't look as strangely off as this does. And it was still coherent internally whereas this seems to have no visual consistency even from level to level. 

Pretty sure that's the point.

could we all take a moment to let it sink in that this game will be portable as well? I am so pleased with Nintendo this year. I just never thought we would be back here. this has made my week. AND that it is out in 4 months and they have not yet delayed it!!!

Hats! Become a Goompa! Become a Bullet Bill! Take my money Nintendo!

Camera looked a bit ropey in the live stream demo (horrible flashbacks from Sunshine's awful camera). Other than that looked pretty ace.

New Donk City tho - what were they thinking with that name - lollll

I hate the look.

The whole thing stinks of Super Mario Sunshine meets Sonic 2006.

I loved the next gen Mario 3 feel of 3D Land and World.

Hate the hat gimmick. Hope I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling over it.

Plus it looks shit compared to the Galaxy and 3D games :(