rllmuk

Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

I absolutely cannot do win the harder bound bowl level - nor can I get Darker Side of the Moon.  I get all the way to the bit where you lose your cap... and then die and it's back to the start.  I'm going to snap my switch in half I reckon.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Marvin Morris said:

Am i right in thinking it’s impossible to get all 999 moons on this game without a walkthrough or guide. I’m on 810 going for the lot and have been using one and so many I’ve thought how on earth would I have supposed to have known such a such was there.

Nah, most are pretty reasonable and the game offers clues to point you in the general direction.

• 2 months later...
Just now, alex3d said:

Second playthrough... why is this game soooo easy? :(

Well it is and it isn't. I think it's pretty tricky getting ALL of the moons without using a guide.

I'm guessing you mean the platforming though. I do agree it's not exactly difficult (although i still haven't beat the final two levels on the darker side).

I get LOADS of people comment on my YT videos saying the game is way too difficult on the Koopa Freerunning sections.

6 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Its insultingly easy to begin with due to the amount of moons available. I think it gets better after you first finish it and cuboid rocks disappear, giving you the harder challenges.

True. Nintendo has done that for the Mario games for a long time though (to beat the boss before the real challenge begins). I don't have a problem with that as the young kids playing have more of a chance to at least "beat" the game.

Galaxy 2 if i remember had some evil levels for the green stars..

• 2 months later...

Due to the current situation, decided to look over my pile of shame and realised I had hardly put anytime into this game.

Just passed the section called Bound Bowl Grand Prix now dressed as a clown (adore these outfits) in the Gourmet Kingdom. Loving all the varied and challenging level design. Proper loving this, some real surreal moments to put a smile on my face.

Exactly what is needed atm :)

• 2 months later...

Me & the lad are slowly getting to 999 moons in "lockdown" (is it still lockdown?). We were on 610 when i last stopped playing it. Truly a wonderful game, possibly the best jumping mechanic/physics of anything ever. Can't fault it really. 

In terms of just pissing about and jumping round aimlessly, it's probably my favourite game ever. 

But... Jump rope genius can go fuck itself. 

• Upvote 3

Had a Nintendo switch around 2 weeks.

Not long started this, first impressions are I love this and the moon collecting.

Having watched gameplay videos and lusting after this for long enough, it's a thrill.

I thought I might not get the cappy stuff, but that all feels so brilliant.

Have around 40 moons, over 4 stages.

I still need to fill the odyssey to get to the next section, but I decided to go back and collect moons from the previous levels.

I've finished every 3d Mario to date, I think they're all triple a in my book.

This far in, no different here. Nintendo delivers again.

It looks so nice too.

• Upvote 5
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2020 at 18:45, Wonderm said:

But... Jump rope genius can go fuck itself. 

Ended up using the moped glitch and knocking the R out of it's holding pattern in the square. No idea how I'd have done it without the glitch, absurdly hard.

A rare misstep that I think. Not many to go now.