IGNORED

Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

Nespresso

10 hours ago, Djx said:

Nintendo Store has the Super Mario Odyssey Switch bundle available for pre-order for £329:99 -

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console/nintendo-switch-with-red-joy-con-controllers-super-mario-odyssey/11553478.html?widget_id=744299

You also get a 2 year warranty if you buy from there.

The snazzy red Super Mario Odyssey themed Switch case is also being sold separately for £19:99 -

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-accessory/nintendo-switch-accessory-set-super-mario-odyssey-edition/11553698.html?widget_id=744300

Thank you for this as it's what I've been waiting for. I've just ordered a Switch with Mario! Hyped!! 

9 hours ago, JPickford said:

I disagree with the half-baked 'short development' stuff.  There's no basis in fact there considering we've no idea how long it took to develop.

I've looked it up;

The game's development began immediately after Super Mario 3D World released in late 2013.[8] Under director Kenta Motokura, the team experimented to find fun concepts based on the series' "theme of surprise".

Producer Yoshiaki Koizumi first hinted that a new 3D Mario game was in development in 2014

So it's been in development for about 4 years. It's tricky though isn't it, perhaps for 2 years only 25% of the team were working on it and/or perhaps the first 2 years were just experimenting. Either way, as you mention I have no basic in fact. Really I'm just saying it looks rushed because of the visuals, which is a bizarre and silly way to determine how long it's been in development. 

29 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Either way, as you mention I have no basic in fact. Really I'm just saying it looks rushed because of the visuals, which is a bizarre and silly way to determine how long it's been in development. 

This sounds an awful lot like an admission of trolling. That can't be right, can it?

14 hours ago, Djx said:

Nintendo Store has the Super Mario Odyssey Switch bundle available for pre-order for £329:99 -

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console/nintendo-switch-with-red-joy-con-controllers-super-mario-odyssey/11553478.html?widget_id=744299

You also get a 2 year warranty if you buy from there.

The snazzy red Super Mario Odyssey themed Switch case is also being sold separately for £19:99 -

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-accessory/nintendo-switch-accessory-set-super-mario-odyssey-edition/11553698.html?widget_id=744300

it is also up at amazon.de for those not living in the UK:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B075LSK284/ref=pe_942271_45935631_TE_item

14 hours ago, Capwn said:

I kept saying this would never come out in October but it is. I was wrong. It was a quick development though so it's probably going to be one of the worst 3D Mario game ever, not that I think people will care because you know, dinosaur in a hat etc.

I have a hunch that this was to be a Wii U game like Zelda but they shifted to the Switch. No way on this or any other planet Nintendo would rush their flagship title. I know you've got your screen in the dock around the wrong way so I'm worried about the head/face/neck alignment above your shoulders you mad goose.

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

This sounds an awful lot like an admission of trolling. That can't be right, can it?

I'm not trolling, just making rubbish comments and derailing a thread. Perhaps I'll give this thread a rest for a bit and come back when it gets an Edge 9.

I quite like the intentionally incoherent, everything-and-the-kitchen-sink visual style. I don't like pretty much everything else I've seen of the gameplay and level designs. I haven't noticed a single interesting feature in that forest level for example, just absolutely nothing at all. I can't believe it's something made by the people that created Gusty Garden Galaxy. The actual activities you do in the game look downright dull and uninspired. I never thought I would be collecting posters pinned on houses placed on a horizontal plane of desert, jump on taxis in a dull, grey city environment or play those uninspired mini-games in a 3D Mario platformer. This doesn't resemble the brilliantly constructed, joyous playgrounds of SM64 or the inventive stages of the Galaxy games at all. Going from 3D to 2D via a warp pipe is a nice idea, but the platforming in 2D looks extremely simplistic. 

I realize that it's probably all footage from early on, but I don't understand why people are getting hyped by it tbh. I can watch a random trailer for Mario 3D World and my hands start to itch and I want to play it immediately. Odyssey only evokes indifference so far. It's extremely polished as expected from a big Nintendo title, but that's it.

15 hours ago, Grobbelboy said:

I quite like the intentionally incoherent, everything-and-the-kitchen-sink visual style. I don't like pretty much everything else I've seen of the gameplay and level designs. I haven't noticed a single interesting feature in that forest level for example, just absolutely nothing at all. I can't believe it's something made by the people that created Gusty Garden Galaxy. The actual activities you do in the game look downright dull and uninspired. I never thought I would be collecting posters pinned on houses placed on a horizontal plane of desert, jump on taxis in a grey city environment or play those uninspired mini-games in a 3D Mario platformer. Going from 3D to 2D via a warp pipe is a nice idea, but the platforming in 2D looks extremely simplistic.

I realize that it's probably all footage from early on, but I don't understand why people are getting hyped by it tbh. I can watch a random trailer for Mario 3D World and my hands start to itch and I want to play it right now. Odyssey only evokes indifference so far. It's extremely polished as expected from a big Nintendo title, but that's it.

Super Mario 3D World was viewed as a disappointment when it was announced, by the way. It wasn't until the trailers near launch that the hype started.

8 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Apprently this comes in at a whopping 5.7GB.

Can Nintendo take over all of the industry's optimisation work from now on? 

compare that to the day 1 patch for the latest Forza which is 50gb !

even the file sizes make me love the Switch compared to my other consoles.

Just now, petrolgirls said:

What's Tesco like for delivering on time? I'm only going to get one game cart for my Switch. Figure it might as well be this. 

I ordered a PS4 Pro from them. They failed to deliver it to my local 24 hour Tesco with the reason "nobody available", took them a day to find where it was, and then I had to go pick it up 2 days later than I expected.

I'll not be pre ordering from Tesco.

Tesco preorder made!

I don't know what to expect. I've seen a (the?) trailer, but kept away from the speculation. I've only got Zelda for my switch so far, so it's only right that I get Mario, too.

It's not going to be shit, we all know that. It's just a question of how good compared to its predecessors. Even a mediocre Mario game in reference to the others is a fucking good videogame.

3 hours ago, petrolgirls said:

What's Tesco like for delivering on time? I'm only going to get one game cart for my Switch. Figure it might as well be this. 

Everything I have pre ordered from them has always arrived on time, if not early