IGNORED

Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

Nespresso

5 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

I ordered a PS4 Pro from them. They failed to deliver it to my local 24 hour Tesco with the reason "nobody available", took them a day to find where it was, and then I had to go pick it up 2 days later than I expected.

I'll not be pre ordering from Tesco.

Hmm. Considering my Amazon order is only £37.99, I think I'll stick with them. 

I wasn't completely convinced until I saw the new footage. Looks like a trip. Looks like it will excite and confound you in that joyful way all Big New Mario's do.

Buying a switch isn't something that's urgent for me (I'm finally getting with this generation and buying a ps4 next week!) but my, if this and the new Metroid turn out to be stunners then that will change so hard.

I've never been much of a one for the Italian plumber; I have a some fond childhood memories of Mario 64 and I was charmed a fair amount by the charming Mario Sunshine (is there any other game you can play football with a Durian?), but I could never muster enough enthusiasm to give anything else even a try. However, watching that new trailer gave me the same sense of joy and wonder I think it gave others in this thread. I'm honestly so surprised, I really never thought I'd ever be hyped for a Mario game.

I wish I could be as hyped about this game as you lot, with that Metro article even talking about it trumping Zelda as the best game on the Switch this year. Really not trying to be pedantic, but could someone give an example of something in the video above that looks exciting to him/her? Aside from the insane levels of polish in the visuals and animation I just don't see it at all. Mario runs on large plains, throws his cap to solve some simplistic "puzzles" and sometimes jumps to a slightly higher situated plain. It all feels so empty.

It looks like a Mario game with the creativity and variety bumped up a whole load of notches. A single stage seems the equivalent variety to a whole old game.

There's lots of variety in the different kingdoms, not just visual or thematic, but artistically and mechanically too - the Seaside Kingdom mentions using water to jet about or clean things off, basically bringing back FLUDD through pickups and obstacles and objectives found throughout the stage as its' unique thing.

The Cap-ture mechanic basically gives you control of dozens of different characters with unique movement and abilities, and just like with the BotW trials, I'd expect to see lots of using it to find creative solutions and break the game.

32 minutes ago, Grobbelboy said:

Aside from the insane levels of polish in the visuals and animation I just don't see it at all. Mario runs on large plains, throws his cap to solve some simplistic "puzzles" and sometimes jumps to a slightly higher situated plain. It all feels so empty.

I get an absolutely tremendous amount of enjoyment out of those things in Mario. If you don't, then it's probably not the game for you. :(

48 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Insert similar reductionist description of every game and game genre ever.

"What, you just waggle a pair of plastic sticks and push some buttons again and again as a hobby?"

Well you can’t really describe SM64, the Galaxy games or Mario 3D World in the same way. Odyssey lacks something that really invites you to play (the currently available footage at least) which those games all have in abundance imo. 

1 hour ago, Grobbelboy said:

[...] Aside from the insane levels of polish in the visuals and animation I just don't see it at all. Mario runs on large plains, throws his cap to solve some simplistic "puzzles" and sometimes jumps to a slightly higher situated plain. It all feels so empty.

... It all feels so empty. It all feels so empty. It all feels so empty. It all feels so empty. 

It all feels so empty. 

It all feels so empty.

Really, what I think you might have, is what doctors tend to refer to as mors internalis.

Or in layman's terms: dead inside.

;)

1 hour ago, Grobbelboy said:

I wish I could be as hyped about this game as you lot, with that Metro article even talking about it trumping Zelda as the best game on the Switch this year. Really not trying to be pedantic, but could someone give an example of something in the video above that looks exciting to him/her? Aside from the insane levels of polish in the visuals and animation I just don't see it at all. Mario runs on large plains, throws his cap to solve some simplistic "puzzles" and sometimes jumps to a slightly higher situated plain. It all feels so empty.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.