IGNORED

Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

Nespresso

You can cancel download codes on Amazon but it’s in an odd place. I had to mail customer services. My account->my games and software then click on pre-orders and cancel per-order. No idea why you can’t cancel from normal order history.

I’m getting it digitally so it’ll be Friday. Off to Arcade Club that night though so won’t get much time with it.

Yeah I noticed that. Had to cancel my digital pre-order when my Splatoon 2 Switch pack order went pear shaped so ended up ordering the Mario Switch bundle. Couldn't for the life of me find a way to cancel and thought "uh oh, Nintendo don't allow it, two copies here I come". I had only recently cancelled Destiny 2 which I was able to do on my recent orders page. Not so with Mario. A google sorted it but I don't know if it's a new Amazon thing or specific to certain pre-order games.

2 hours ago, DC LEMON said:

Not today. Saying it's in stock on the website just means that the usual Wednesday delivery is now all but guaranteed. *touch wood*

What? They often send out games two days early?

If so, may switch to them instead of shopto.

15 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

What? They often send out games two days early?

If so, may switch to them instead of shopto.

Everybody Golf was Friday for the Tuesday release, whole weekend prior to release and hence my sudden swap to them from digital!

1 hour ago, RaoulSilva said:

I'm guessing it's the fact

Reveal hidden contents

the lyrics to the theme tune are printed on the inside

I wouldn't call it a spoiler just a small fun surprise.

yep, but hey i didn't want to get my head bitten off you know

I desperately want this game but I just know that if Id have ordered it from simply then my week off would be even less productive than it is going to be Friday onwards. So I have forced myself to wait til Friday so I can get some proper jobs done before I sit down for 3 days and do nothing but play mario. 

Curse you real world. 

13 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Gutted I didn't order this last night but my billing address is not the same as my delivery address. I haven't yet been arsed letting the bank know I moved house. I knew that would catch up with me. 

For future reference, it doesn’t matter. You can enter both separately.

Normally the cut off for same day delivery is 4pm and it's common for them to send out copies while it still says preorder on the site. What's uncommon is that they said it was in stock yesterday evening.

They'll probably be sending out Wolfenstein 2 and AC Origins today too.

16 hours ago, DC LEMON said:

By the time Super Mario 64 came to Europe I'd read countless magazine pages on it, flicked through guides, walked past various demo units and witnessed Dave Perry getting humiliated on TV.

None of which spoilt the unforgettable moment when I first switched on my PAL N64. Avoid them by all means but if you fail, remember it takes more than spoilers to spoil Mario.

When I first saw the footage of Mario 64 from the Shoshinkai show on Gamesmaster in November 1995 it was the most incredible thing I'd ever seen. Before that date I simply could not imagine that a videogame could look like that. Until the June 96 Japanese date I swooned over whatever screenshots were eked out in the monthly magazines, then when the reviews finally came out I read every one I could find, over and over again.

It was then that things started to get a little out of hand - it was five months before the US release and almost a year before it came out here. I simply couldn't handle that this game existed out there and I couldn't play it. So I ended up buying every magazine with any M64 information at all I could find, eventually progressing to full walkthroughs, which I read over and over. I even splashed out on an expensive copy of the American EGM because it came with a little mini-magazine of an M64 guide where they had actually recreated the levels as rough 3D models.

By the time I finally got to play Mario 64 on its UK release in March of 1997 I knew every single thing about it. I knew every level. I knew every star. I practically knew where every single coin was. I had played the game over and over in my head. Not a single iota of it was a surprise to me, except maybe the music, and the feeling of controlling Mario.

That feeling alone was enough for me to love the game forever, but suffice to say, I deeply regret ruining the game so thoroughly for myself. I'm not doing the same thing for Mario Odyssey.