IGNORED

Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

Nespresso

23 minutes ago, scottcr said:

I'm not able to pull off that wall jump, cap throw, turn around and jump higher trick .... any tips/youtubes?

I've not tried it yet, but I see Mark Brown pulling that shit off all the time in his video. 

I'm actually going to try it with Motion Control completely off! It kinda seems to be the way you do it. 

5 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I've not tried it yet, but I see Mark Brown pulling that shit off all the time in his video. 

I'm actually going to try it with Motion Control completely off! It kinda seems to be the way you do it. 

yeah - it was that bit of the video where he was doing his speed run that got me trying it myself, can't reliably pull it off... I play mostly handheld just now so don't use motion controls.

And finished! I'mt not ashamed to admit that I got a bit choked up near the end there. What a ride! Absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Just... all the superlatives basically. :D

I'm loving all of these eastereggs after the cre- see you in the other thread! :hat:

On 08/11/2017 at 22:41, Naieve said:

How the fuck do you break the rock in Ruined Kingdom?

Hehe I was wondering this last night too! Just as I was about to give up, it broke. You just have to kick it about for ages, I think! 

40 minutes ago, weightgain said:

Upside pyramid then.... any gentle clues how to get across here? Two flowers don’t seem to do much....

3C217880-56C1-4B93-AFBA-537F187A67DA.jpeg

Maybe unrelated but have you tried going

Spoiler

inside the little gap on the right there (where the pillars are moving into)?

22 minutes ago, weightgain said:

Yep....both sides......

Dude I'm not sure if you can get back there, it's a place you visit the first time through the area, when you enter the upside down pyramid first time around (ie before beating the boss..) you originally use a bullet bill to cross from the torch side to the flower side. 

I presume you've entered from the top of the pyramid? 

As it’s obvious I’ll still state it - been going back to the earlier levels to grab more moons etc. Must have been because I was only playing them in the early hours of the morning of release day but there like new levels! Like genuinely can’t remember using the T-Rex on the 2nd level. Was he there then or only after you’ve completed the game once?

Regardless. Still totally enraptured with this. Just stunning...

2 hours ago, weightgain said:

As it’s obvious I’ll still state it - been going back to the earlier levels to grab more moons etc. Must have been because I was only playing them in the early hours of the morning of release day but there like new levels! Like genuinely can’t remember using the T-Rex on the 2nd level. Was he there then or only after you’ve completed the game once?

Regardless. Still totally enraptured with this. Just stunning...

Oh, totally. I’ve spent hours in the Wooded Kingdom, but returned after the final, final stage for another couple of hours and ended up with another 25 moons. Still got another 20 to find! It’s incredible.

Have basically finished the game and I’m now just mopping everything up. Easily my favourite 3D Mario game but it’s totally ruined the Galaxy series for me. 

Went back to Galaxy 2 last night, as I’ve only played about an hour or so, and it just seemed so painfully slow and scripted. 

After an epic session last night and most of the day today I reached the “end”. 

This was my first experience of a Mario game and it was HUGE fun. Not what I was expecting as it was more open than I imagined, I thought it was essentially going to be on rails. I absolutely loved the freedom and the small but mostly perfectly formed worlds were each unique. I did struggle early on with the openness of it and the lack of control tutorials but after a couple of hours and lots of practice I had a pretty good grasp on it. 

Can’t wait to re-explore all the worlds and get hunting for everything I missed in the first run-through.

1 hour ago, g wings said:

After an epic session last night and most of the day today I reached the “end”. 

This was my first experience of a Mario game and it was HUGE fun. Not what I was expecting as it was more open than I imagined, I thought it was essentially going to be on rails. I absolutely loved the freedom and the small but mostly perfectly formed worlds were each unique. I did struggle early on with the openness of it and the lack of control tutorials but after a couple of hours and lots of practice I had a pretty good grasp on it. 

Can’t wait to re-explore all the worlds and get hunting for everything I missed in the first run-through.

Well done! You’ve just completed the tutorial. This is where the real game begins, so get hunting for those moons :D

10 hours ago, Azrael said:

The final (?) boss is bullshit 

Hide contents

Fighting all those bastard rabbits again, then get to the top and the fuckers are back and in their megazord. Fuck off! :mad:

People keep mentioning this but surely the Broodals aren't that hard though? :huh:

I mean aren't they literally child's play? Designed to be beaten by kids who are new to the series. The Rabbits follow very basic patterns which you can master before your first encounter is even finished. 

Spoiler

(are you a child Azreal? :P)

10 hours ago, Azrael said:

The final (?) boss is bullshit 

Reveal hidden contents

Fighting all those bastard rabbits again, then get to the top and the fuckers are back and in their megazord. Fuck off! :mad:

You are going in there with a double heart, aren’t you? Buy one from a shop before you go in.

Spoiler

And you can come out any time and grab a double heart from the main area of that stage, by throwing your hat onto one of the vegetable stems nearest the electrical line. When you go back the bosses you’ve killed up to that point remain defeated.

Didn't think about getting a double heart. The way it's going for me at the moment is 

Spoiler

Take one hit from the first rabbit by never being able to get out of the way of his spin when he has maximum hats. 

Defeat 2nd one without taking any damage. 

Take one hit from 3rd rabbit due to stupidly running into him or his purple spew. 

Defeat 4th one with no damage taken.

Regain one bit of health when going to the top. 

Manage to defeat 2 rabbits from their mech before usually being stomped to death 

9 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Didn't think about getting a double heart. The way it's going for me at the moment is 

Hide contents

Take one hit from the first rabbit by never being able to get out of the way of his spin when he has maximum hats. 

Defeat 2nd one without taking any damage. 

Take one hit from 3rd rabbit due to stupidly running into him or his purple spew. 

Defeat 4th one with no damage taken.

Regain one bit of health when going to the top. 

Manage to defeat 2 rabbits from their mech before usually being stomped to death 

Get a double heart from a shop before you start. If you’re running low, jump out of the tower and get the double heart from the stem.