rllmuk
Nespresso

Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

2 hours ago, denisb said:

If you stand on stage facing the crowd there's a guy stood too your right go over and speak to him 

Merci! 

I think I smashed that 100 jump rope challenge on like my third attempt, on my Day One play through. Had no idea it was developing something of a notoriety.

100 on the volleyball however has been fucking me up daily and badly. 

I was the opposite, did the volleyball on my third attempt on my first visit to the world but only just done jump-rope as the final New Donk moon after many attempts.

When I was just starting to get frustrated I went off to do other things and found the queue for the theatre :wub:

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

When I was just starting to get frustrated I went off to do other things and found the queue for the theatre :wub:

OMG isn’t this the BEST.

• Upvote 3

OMG Deep Woods just accidentally found!! This fucking game!! 

I've found a nice balance of using the parrot and no more than 3 toad hints on the go at once, now I'm on my 3rd playthrough of the stages.  That way I still get a modicum of satisfaction when I stumble on something new. 

Love the sheer density of the levels, so awesome. 

1 hour ago, dood said:

OMG Deep Woods just accidentally found!! This fucking game!! 

I've found a nice balance of using the parrot and no more than 3 toad hints on the go at once, now I'm on my 3rd playthrough of the stages.  That way I still get a modicum of satisfaction when I stumble on something new. 

Love the sheer density of the levels, so awesome. 

Deep woods and the ending of Metro City have been my favorite "Wow" moments. Oh and going through the painting and having a look at *that* kingdom.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, dood said:

Man, these speedrunners are so awesome to watch.. 

Watched five minutes of one level. Wow. The knowledge of the level and timing of the jumps is astonishing. I realised whilst watching it I can’t even remember the levels name! 

Just now, grindmouse said:

How the hell do people keep cappy spinning and control him like that?

2 player?

So that's it done 100%, which I can never usually be bothered with. The volleyball moon was my final one. Good game init.

• Upvote 1

I'm at 520 moons I'll never be able to get them all I can't do the speed run stuff or some of the music stuff is beyond me but I don't care I feel like a little kid playing this :)

After replaying the final boss fight one more time, I have decided that the final song (you know the one) is possibly my favourite piece of original videogame music ever.

• Upvote 7

Picture Match can fuck off!

Mopping up the final few moons at this point and I'm certain its going to be the last one before 100%.

23 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Picture Match can fuck off!

Mopping up the final few moons at this point and I'm certain its going to be the last one before 100%.

Cheat and take a picture on your mobile phone.  It helps a lot, well it did for me.  :)

• Upvote 1

Make sure the eyes definitely aren't upside down! The whites should be at the top I think. Kept doing terribly until I realised.

I've finished the story and while it is a great game I just haven't enjoyed it as much as either Galaxy game, the music is a definite step down for one thing. The parts I most enjoyed were the 2D and Void style levels but just wandering around areas to find moons doesn't really do it for me anymore. I'll continue to play it because I downloaded it and it'll be sat on my Switch forever and the game is perfect to dip in and out of but once the credits rolled I felt no urge to rush back in and revisit old areas.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I've finished the story and while it is a great game I just haven't enjoyed it as much as either Galaxy game, the music is a definite step down for one thing. The parts I most enjoyed were the 2D and Void style levels but just wandering around areas to find moons doesn't really do it for me anymore. I'll continue to play it because I downloaded it and it'll be sat on my Switch forever and the game is perfect to dip in and out of but once the credits rolled I felt no urge to rush back in and revisit old areas.

so you haven't done anything at all since you've seen the credits?  

33 minutes ago, ryodi said:

There is a strong argument to suggest you have yet to see some of the best the game has to offer.

Certainly in terms of challenge/difficulty the good stuff only comes from the unlocked post-game content.

It really is a game that keeps on giving.

As for the music comment I also have to strongly disagree, some genius tracks in Odyssey (especially during the final level).

• Upvote 3

Not too fond of it either - so far. Played some three hours or so and finished the first three or four stages. So far, it is quite underwhelming.