Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

Nespresso

Not sure how long my interest will last, but I'm really enjoying finding these balloons. And it's spunking out coins, so I'll reach that maximum moon total pretty swiftly.

But having a go at Mushroom Kingdom just now does indicate people are using glitches to  hide impossible to get  balloons in walls. The twats. Hopefully that will get sorted somehow.

Played a little Balloon World. It's not really for me, but a nice idea! Free update after all. I can see that the speedrun/advanced movement crowd are already having a bit of fun with it.

Odyssey is a tremendous game, but having finished it 100%, I don't have the urge to go back at all. Contrast to how I've got 120 stars from a clean Mario 64 file at least five times, and I'd do it again. It's very conflicting, Odyssey. It's like an utterly delicious and huge meal, and I ate too much and now I feel bad.

On 24/02/2018 at 06:37, joeplus said:

Played a little Balloon World. It's not really for me, but a nice idea! Free update after all. I can see that the speedrun/advanced movement crowd are already having a bit of fun with it.

Odyssey is a tremendous game, but having finished it 100%, I don't have the urge to go back at all. Contrast to how I've got 120 stars from a clean Mario 64 file at least five times, and I'd do it again. It's very conflicting, Odyssey. It's like an utterly delicious and huge meal, and I ate too much and now I feel bad.

That's the problem with blasting 999 moons in one shot. I'll drop back in from time to time over the years to grab them all, eventually. There's no rush.

I wish I could have dropped back into 64 over the years to discover new bits.

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 22:37, joeplus said:

I think Odyssey does almost all of what Mario 64 does, but better.

It's a much bigger game though. After the 80 hours it took me to 100%, it's not surprising that I too am not ready to replay it at the moment. It also moves the series in an open world direction with the repetition and variable quality that goes along with that. So there's lots of stuff that I did enjoy first time, but don't feel the urge to repeat as strongly as the "proper moons" or the stars in Mario 64 or Galaxy. I feel the same about Breath of the Wild too. For me, they just aren't suited to repeated play as much as others in the series. 

The number of games I've played more than once over the years is pretty small anyway though.  

On 25/02/2018 at 12:29, Fallows said:

That's the problem with blasting 999 moons in one shot. I'll drop back in from time to time over the years to grab them all, eventually. There's no rush.

I wish I could have dropped back into 64 over the years to discover new bits.

Agreed!

I honestly grab the switch to bag one or maybe two moons a night. It’s like 10 minutes of gaming perfection.

I’m at 600 odd and don’t want it to end.

Ever.

• 4 weeks later...

A new hint art was published this morning (as well as one last week). Has anyone had any success with it. I’ve found the loacation and pounded away and nothing’s happening. I’ve got the latest software update. Maybe it hasn’t gone live yet?

Also just noticed quite significant Mario Odyssey plasma burn-in on the top left and right of my screen. Bugger. Not surprising really considering the time this game has been running (999 moons on my save and my boy’s 600 odd). Time for a new TV!

11 minutes ago, spacedinvader said:

A new hint art was published this morning (as well as one last week). Has anyone had any success with it. I’ve found the loacation and pounded away and nothing’s happening. I’ve got the latest software update. Maybe it hasn’t gone live yet?

Also just noticed quite significant Mario Odyssey plasma burn-in on the top left and right of my screen. Bugger. Not surprising really considering the time this game has been running (999 moons on my save and my boy’s 600 odd). Time for a new TV!

are you sure you are in the right location? behind the big cap? (you need a parakoopa to get there).

99% sure, though I got there without a parakoopa.

Spoiler

by jumping from the top of the hat. The ledge on the back of the hat, with a doorway that goes into another ‘level’/whatever. It looks just like the hint art with the same ground markings and parakoopa flying past. 

Just now, spacedinvader said:

99% sure, though I got there without a parakoopa.

Hide contents

by jumping from the top of the hat. The ledge on the back of the hat, with a doorway that goes into another ‘level’/whatever. It looks just like the hint art with the same ground markings and parakoopa flying past. 

Yeah sounds like you are in the right place... not sure why it's not working (i haven't tried, i just assumed that was were it was from the picture)

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, deKay said:

Moped

It's alright, just did it.

With that challenge and some of the trickier Koopa races, this game is more like Dark Souls for those "oh my god, that's impossible....oh shit, just did it, that was easy" moments than any game I've played since, well, Dark Souls.

6 hours ago, OllieCJBowen said:

Just one moon left on the Dark Side. Cannot string enough of those long jumps together. Any tips?!

You only need to do a long jump every other jump. You can use the momentum from your long jump to do an extended jump when you land. So you're stringing long jump, normal jump, long jump, normal jump, etc.

It's bastard hard to do though.