Ultra Street Fighter II High-payer Fighting

joffocakes

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of new details have come out:

1. Arcade standby - you play the arcade mode and get challenged by someone online, much like in Street Fighter IV.  New
  2. Network battles - can play wirelessly against another person locally

Shoryuken has an opinion piece on the game (using the little info we have of it so far), generally has some concerns (Akuma, no original/old character select, changes with moves), especially about the speed.  I personally think that they're waaay too down on it though, as if no one including Capcom themselves are allowed to continue to produce another Street Fighter II game.

1 hour ago, Smoothy said:

A couple of new details have come out:

1. Arcade standby - you play the arcade mode and get challenged by someone online, much like in Street Fighter IV.  New
  2. Network battles - can play wirelessly against another person locally

Shoryuken has an opinion piece on the game (using the little info we have of it so far), generally has some concerns (Akuma, no original/old character select, changes with moves), especially about the speed.  I personally think that they're waaay too down on it though, as if no one including Capcom themselves are allowed to continue to produce another Street Fighter II game.

I guess it depends on who Capcom are targeting for this - is it the general, nostalgia audience (hey, it's a Street Fighter II game on a Nintendo console, just like the SNES) or is it the hardcore Street Fighter II audience?

That article just reinforces why I gave up on Street Fighter after Super Street Fighter II - it just became too hardcore and having to remember all the nuances of the game (as the article says - Character Balances and Systems). To me it wasn't fun anymore. I suppose I'm in the general, nostalgia audience! But the article does question who it's aimed for... Anyway, I think it looks good fun and it might be the first Street Fighter game that I'll purchase since the Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival (what a name) GBA game!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if they'll do anything to make the game easier to play for folk more used to Street Fighter 4/5? They're not bothered about making an arcade-perfect port since they've changed fundamental things like how throws work so perhaps they'll tweak other aspects of the game to make it less difficult?

Here's some wildly-loud Buddy Battle gameplay: