Ultra Street Fighter II High-payer Fighting

joffocakes

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

Decided to buy this despite the stupid price. The old school graphics look utter shit with the border round the screen so I'm sticking with the new graphics. 

I always had a soft spot for the Super Turbo HD graphics despite them looking a bit stiff and goofy. I bet they come across better on the Switch in handheld mode. 

Another pop up by Jiroczek some great games there.  Only just noticed my Pc has been downloading some crazy steam update if it felt laggy. 

:wacko:

Cmon Bob dip in, you know it's your favourite. It's time to sharpen the fangs and back comb your hair again. 

Great to get matched up with you Dave - you kicked my arse but it was loads of fun. I'm playing with one JoyCon, and finding it well fiddly! Ordered one of them FC30 pads (which probably won't be much better) it will be larger but won't make me any good.

My brain kind of blocks out the chunky graphics and jerky animation and fills in the gaps and it all feels excellent. Accidentally saw some SFV on Twitter and was astounded at how good that looks. But then I don't think I've had as much fun playing that over 2 years or whatever as I've had in a couple of days of USF2 on the Switch.

Hey Jiro proper good fun and couldn't agree more. I've had more enjoyment and fun with this than SFV too. 

Dunno, classic material stuff and I've never stopped playing turbo x. 

Theres certain things I can't get down like deejays cross up juggle kick medium into super because of the pad. But it's so well implemented that it's not frustrating. 

Its like crack this and just so well done I think it's the best game on the console

im jumping on if anyone's about. 

1 hour ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Surely some kind of mistake.  

I'm lovely tho for real - just ask around :) We'll have to play when I get a Switch. Then you'll see how lovely my Blanka can be!

1 hour ago, Dave White said:

Another pop up by Jiroczek some great games there.  Only just noticed my Pc has been downloading some crazy steam update if it felt laggy. 

:wacko:

Cmon Bob dip in, you know it's your favourite. It's time to sharpen the fangs and back comb your hair again. 

It really is my favourite, you know me well. I will definitely get a Switch, but money is a bit tight at the moment. I'mgoing to have to wait a few months still.

Also, I might have to switch it up so to speak since I can't play Blanka on a pad :lol:

Is it possible to be thrown in Street Fighter II even when you're holding up as you come out of blockstun? 

EDIT: A nice Twitter FGC man let me know that there is no throw invulnerabitly during pre-jump frames in Street Fighter II. I've gotta start abusing jabs into Spinning Pile Driver more!

Combos are muuuuch more difficult in Street Fighter II than I'm used to, coming from mainly playing IV and V. Jumping in with a hard kick doesn't stun the opponent for nearly as long as this email games.

Oh, Zangief's neutral jumping headbutt has, so far, stunned Evil Ryu, Violent Ken and M Bison in a single hit. It's wild. I dunno if the stun is still somewhat random or not.

The Evil/Violent army still make up the majority of my opponents online. I'm losing to them more now too since they seem to be learning how to defend. Saw some variety this morning though; a Guile, a couple of Dee Jays, a Honda and a Dhalsim. Don't think I've fought a T Hawk, Balrog or Sagat yet in 100+ fights. 

That neutral headbutt does 31 stun and poor Evil Ryu has only 28. Oof. 

Well, he starts with 28. Stun him once and it goes up to 30, stun him again and it tops out at 34. This is in training mode so no idea how that works in the real world. Even Zangief starts with a stun resist of only 30 so looks like you could spark out anyone with a wee Glasgow kiss. 

Ah! I played a little of this in work today, two-player versus on a break. What a thing. Absolutely amazing. Get Towerfall, Nidhogg, Overcooked, Mount Your Friends and Gang Beasts on there soon please (I'm sure a bunch of those already are coming).

The announce trailer for this containing the line 'the SNES was our battleground' hit me with a large dose of nostalgia and so I jumped in over the weekend. Have to say, I'm really enjoying it. The Joy-Con on its side is serving me better than I ever expected, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the remixed OST:

Glorious.

Anyway, I went through the Switch friend code list last night and added everyone on there, so I'll quite happily be a virtual punch bag anytime people are in need of one!

It's turned the Joycon's analogue stick from being alright for a handheld to the best ever made for Street Fighter and better than a fair few d-pads, including the Pro Controller's. IMHO anyway.

Still want that Hori stick, mind.

15 hours ago, Dave White said:

Been having a good go with Fei long and Sagat, my go to is guile ryu and deejay tho.

my thumb is now the density of a diamond

Are you using the pro controller Dave?  Wondered how it plays with the dpad. 

I'm buying this at the weekend btw, cannae resist any longer.

On 5/26/2017 at 16:56, ca18s13 said:

It's £29.98 on GameSeek...

Seen as the shit Eurogamer review is almost entirely based on subjective value for money and they gave the game a big fat "Avoid" mainly based on it costing almost £40.. At what price do we all think the review should all of a sudden become "Recommended"?

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Are you using the pro controller Dave?  Wondered how it plays with the dpad. 

I'm buying this at the weekend btw, cannae resist any longer.

ive actually been playing it most with joycons attached, i prefer the thumbstick on the joycon than the pro, d pad is great but dunno happy with the vanilla set up tbh.

In regards to review grumblings and pricing i paid 60 quid for sfv and 50 for infinite warfare at launch. They taste bitter still and this is like praline covered marshmallows.

17 minutes ago, Dave White said:

In regards to review grumblings and pricing i paid 60 quid for sfv and 50 for infinite warfare at launch. They taste bitter still and this is like praline covered marshmallows.

Best review yet - they should quote this on the box

I'm tempted by this simply for the sake of nostalgia - not really into fighting games but loved this back in the day on the SNES. 

My main concern is whether there is going to be any value in this for the casual player online (I don't have many local friends to play with unlike when I was in my teens!). Everyone here sounds pretty hardcore, and whilst I'm ok at pulling off the odd special move I expect I'd be a completely walkover to people in this thread. 

Are you finding the general standard online to be pretty high?