IGNORED

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - New Tracks Released!

Sarlaccfood

16 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Can anyone confirm that  you can play 2 player mario kart on the same console but also online as well?.

You can, online on the same console is 1-2 players

2 minutes ago, Fatsam said:

Didn't someone claim that all the stuff was unlocked though? I was expecting that to be the case for some reason. Just unlocked slicks which is ace, but they seem to be "randomly" dishing out the rubbish vehicles first. 

All characters and courses are unlocked except Gold Mario but you still unlock vehicle parts via coins. Annoyingly, although you get told you've unlocked stuff while playing online, the only way to access them is to start an offline game and reveal the new parts on the vehicle select screen. You can't see the new parts online until you've done that.

9 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Yes, you can.

That sounds amazing.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Majora said:

You can, online on the same console is 1-2 players

All characters and courses are unlocked except Gold Mario but you still unlock vehicle parts via coins. Annoyingly, although you get told you've unlocked stuff while playing online, the only way to access them is to start an offline game and reveal the new parts on the vehicle select screen. You can't see the new parts online until you've done that.

Thank you

I've got three stars on every cup on 150cc on Wii u, unlocked everything there was to unlock. I've played this game a lot, I know the tracks so well, and yet I've been sat at work all day gagging to get home to play this again, as if it was a completely new game or something. 

So even though Tesco said I wouldn't get it until next week I just got an email from reception and it's arrived.

giphy.gif

Pro Controller still not due until next week though.

Are the friend codes everyone is posting unique to the game or are they the Switch friend codes?

18 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Cheers babe x

Just had a quick try. They are tiny and they certainly make playing far less accurate. Although I've not previously tried motion control so asu,e both are not as good as 'standard' controls. But, the kids love them...

I wasn't expecting this until after the weekend, but Tesco came through and delivered today!

It really pops on the Switch screen, doesn't it? Going to see if I can convince the wife to play three-player with my son and I later. This is the best console.

What are the three options when you turn on the stats while choosing your setup? I'm guessing on is the driving assist and the middle one is gyro controls? The third? And which is which of the other two.

Just now, Majora said:

Left is assisted steering, middle is tilt controls, right is automatic acceleration. 

I had to Google how to turn off the assisted steering.

I can't imagine why Nintendo have added the option to disable/enable these features in such an obscure location. Nor,  why they are on by default and without making that clear to the player. Really odd. 

18 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I had to Google how to turn off the assisted steering.

I can't imagine why Nintendo have added the option to disable/enable these features in such an obscure location. Nor,  why they are on by default and without making that clear to the player. Really odd. 

My guess about why assisted steering is on by default is that the people most likely to need it (young kids mainly) are the least likely to go looking for it, whereas those who don't want it will go looking for a way to turn it off. 

Doesn't excuse the options being hidden away like they are though, and even more so that the pictures inadequately represent each option. Really uncharacteristically poor menu design. All they needed to do was have a screen with all the options described in plain English and which wasn't buried in a menu most people will never open.